2013 Album Anticipation Showdown: Miley Cyrus’ New Album Will Be Twerkrific
Is Miley Cyrus‘s untitled project the 2013 album you’re anticipating most? Let us know by voting below. Return each day this week for a new feature on one of our most anticipated albums. Last week, Eminem won the title of Most Anticipated Male Album. This week’s winner will face off against Eminem next week.
Vote now for your most anticipated female album of 2013. After the poll, read on to find out why we can’t wait for Miley’s new album to twerk its way into our hands (and hearts).
Five Twerkrific Reasons to Be Excited for Miley’s New Album
1) Let’s start things off with some context. Miley Cyrus, alias Hannah Montana, has been a fixture of pop culture for the better half of a decade. We remember the Disney Channel days. We remember (and still play) hits like “Party in the U.S.A.” and “Can’t Be Tamed.” And yet, all of that seems like a prelude to something much, much bigger. As she gears up to release a brand new album later this year, Miley has been rocking some seriously edgy and interesting styles, and her music sounds stronger than ever. Every pop star attempts to reinvent themselves, but Miley has actually done it.
2) If “We Can’t Stop” is any indication, we are in for a wild ride. Think back to those Hannah Montana days, and then look at where we are now. Miley is a new person, ready for new, exciting things. And you know what? We’re new people, also ready for new things. Miley has matured and grown; it’s clear she’s done with her innocent, Disney-fied persona. She grew up, as we all did. What does this mean for us? Insane oufits, and even insaner music videos. Bring it, Miley! Our bodies are ready.
3) The hype is getting insane. What? What’s that you say? The “We Can’t Stop” video broke VEVO’s record for most views in 24 hours? When have your favs? The answer is never, because Miley broke their less-impressive records. The world is hungry for a new Miley album. (The way I’m hungry for a skull made of French fries…)
4) Not excited yet? You will be after I tell you that Miley has recruited some of the best talent in the industry for her album. We’re talking productions by Pharrell and Hit-Boy. Dear Billboard charts, are you ready to be slayed? I hope so, ‘cuz you’re about to get slayed. And while we don’t have a list of collaborations that will be featured on the album, Miley’s recent guest appearances — with Snoop
Dogg Lion on “Ashtrays & Heartbreaks,” with will.i.am on “Fall Down,” for instance — have us excited for the possibilities.
5) Miley also shared a snippet of another new song — which has sense been removed — called “Last Goodbye.” Many have wondered whether or not the song is some kind of commentary about her relationship with Liam Hemsworth, which has made headlines all year due to persistent rumors of a split. The song sounds great, and it has me wondering… what kinds of personal insights will the album provide into Miley’s life? After all, it’s one thing to be mature enough to twerk it up for the cameras, but it’s another thing to demonstrate maturity by baring your soul.
Don’t forget to vote for your most anticipated female album above. Return each day this week for a feature on each of the participating albums!
Previously featured on our list of Anticipated Albums of 2013:
Eminem – TBD (WINNER of Most Anticipated Male Album)