Coroner's Office Confirms No Fentanyl Was Involved In Cory Monteith's Death

Cory Monteith
Contrary to some reports, Fentanyl was not found in Cory Monteith's system, the British Columbia Coroner's Office confirmed to Celebuzz today.

The prescription drug is used to treat acute and chronic pain, usually in patients who no longer respond to high doses of less potent opioids such as morphine or oxycodone.

Monteith died from a "mixed-drug toxicity," involving alcohol and heroin, an autopsy revealed yesterday (July 16th).

Monteith's mother held a viewing with family and the Canadian native girlfriend, Lea Michele on Tuesday before cremating his body.

Dianna Agron is Monteith's latest co-star to issue a statement after his death:

I have never lost a friend. In this difficult time, I am leaning on all of the wonderful memories we shared with Cory, how many ways he was able to make us smile," it read, according to Entertainment Weekly.  "Glee was a gift to all of us. It gave us a family in this industry. We really cut our teeth and grew up on this show. In playing underdogs, we learned that we had dug into the hearts of our viewers and that we could stay there.

Cory is so deserving of that place in everyone’s hearts. He was one of the most generous and kind people that I have ever met. He had a smart, curious mind, he was an enormous talent. He was loving to not only me, but my family. My heart goes out to his family, to Lea, to everyone that is struggling with the loss of our friend. We will miss you Cory. We will always carry a piece of you with us."

Monteith was 31-years-old.

Discuss

Default avatar
celebuzz
 

Top Stories

Get the Scoop

Sign up for the daily Celebuzz Newsletter and stay in the know.