We are super-psyched for end-of-summer horror movie season – so you can count us in for the next chapter of the Insidious saga, opening on September, Friday the 13th.
While you brace yourself for the scares, we’ll hit you with a few reasons why this sequel should be even more, um, insidiouser?
- Director James Wan is back. Insidious was a breakout hit in no small part because of its cool visual style. James Wan knows how to give horror a seriously scary look – and now returns to add his signature style to the sequel.
- Astral projection has gone mainstream. The method of out-of-body experience highlighted in the Insidious movies has made it into the realm of the big budget blockbuster – even making a cameo appearance in the mega-hit Man of Steel.
- Rose Byrne and Patrick Wilson are back! Two of the sexiest stars to ever hit the screen in a horror movie are back for another go-around in Insidious: Chapter 2.
- You still don’t need gore to be scary. One of the coolest things about the first Insidious is that it didn’t rely on old horror movie clichés to deliver a good fright fest. Insidious: Chapter 2 looks to build upon the premise that a scary idea executed well can be more terrifying than any chainsaw massacre down in Texas. Just add a baby monitor with creepy voices, and you’re ready for terror.
- We’re picking up right where we left off. Have a lot of unanswered questions from the first Insidious? Fear not! Insidious: Chapter 2 just keeps rolling from the original to quench your thirst for knowledge.
Insidious: Chapter 2, stars Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne and Barbara Hershey, and opens in theaters everywhere September, Friday the 13th.
Check out the trailer below for 90 of the most terrifying seconds of our lives!