A Boy's Guide To One Direction
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then today’s Boys Guide To One Direction is for you!
It’s a handy reference guide to help you speak with confidence to new friends who love 1D – and win over enemies who didn’t like you because you weren’t quite in the know about Harry and the lads. You’ll even be ready to go see One Direction: This Is Us, opening in theaters everywhere August 30th.
The Boys Guide To 1D (AKA 1D 101)
- One Direction is made up of friends Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles, and Louis Tomlinson. Learn these names. Be able to recite them from memory.
- The band came together after failing to advance on the X Factor UK. Do not get this confused with American Idol or Britain’s Got Talent.
- The band owes a lot to Simon Cowell and Nicole Scherzinger. Both urged the band to reform as One Direction after their misfires on X Factor.
- The group’s first hit single was “What Makes You Beautiful”. This would be a good time to memorize the lyrics.
- Harry Styles dated Taylor Swift for a while. When taking sides over why they broke up, always defend Harry (and confess concern about his broken heart).
- Louis Tomlinson is the oldest member of the band. He’s 21, but never refer to him as “old” in front of fans.
- Collectively, the members of One Direction have over 25 million Twitter followers. Go make yourself one of them. Immediately.
- Their second huge hit was “Live While We’re Young” – The song came off of the group’s second album, Take Me Home. Don’t get it twisted.
- One Direction’s upcoming documentary is called One Direction: This Is Us. We recommend purchasing a couple of advance tickets and having them “accidentally” fall out of your wallet during casual conversation.