Just How Successful Is One Direction, Really?
We’ve researched the hard numbers behind the runaway greatness of 1D and come up with some really interesting facts.
One Direction has sold a TON of albums. Just how many?
- Up All Night the group’s debut, sold 4.5 million copies in 2012 – making it the third best-selling album of that year across the world.
- 1D’s next album, Take Me Home, has also sold over four-and-a-half million copies since it was released in November of 2012.
- Tickets for the band’s first appearance at Madison Square Garden sold out in 10 minutes.
- When 1D announced a 2013 tour of the UK and Ireland, over 300,000 tickets were sold within 24 hours.
- One Direction has almost 14,000,000 followers on Twitter. They add an average of 25,000 followers every day.
- Harry Styles alone has almost 15,000,000 followers!
- Over 58 million searches for “One Direction” were registered by Google in 2012 alone!
Need a couple of hours with the lads? Go see One Direction: This Is Us when it opens in theaters everywhere August 30th.