Paula Deen Lawsuit Dismissed

Paula Deen wins case
The remaining charges in the civil case against Paula Deen have been dismissed, Celebuzz has confirmed.

In court paperwork filed Friday in Georgia, a settlement was agreed upon without any fees or costs going to any party in the case.

This is a huge legal victory for the celebrity chef who was also cleared of racial discrimination claims nearly two weeks ago.

Deen faced mounting scrutiny when a recorded deposition in which the 66-year-old former Food Network star admitted to telling racist jokes and using the N-word went public as a result of a $1.2 million lawsuit filed by her former restaurant manager, Lisa Jackson, alleging racial discrimination and sexual harassment by her brother Bubba Hiers.

Even before her vindication, Deen has always denied the claims against her, yet longtime endorsers like Target and Walmart continued to severe ties with the chef.

Paula’s ex-husband Jimmy Deen, who together have two sons, Jamie and Bobby, previously told CB! that no matter what the outcome, "Paula will come back bigger and stronger. She's a fighter."

 

Discuss

Default avatar
  • themattlugoshow
    themattlugoshow

    Lawsuit over but career over y'all

  • jbd59
    jbd59

    You know what gets me? Her two sons continue to kiss the Food Network's ass. Where is their family loyalty. I would have told them to shove it if they had treated my mother like that.

 

Top Stories

Get the Scoop

Sign up for the daily Celebuzz Newsletter and stay in the know.