Christina Aguilera Pens Long Letter to Fans: ‘Thank You For Accepting Me For Who I Am’
OK, more like 2,200 words.
On late Wednesday night, Aguilera took to her website to share a special letter, titled “From my heart to yours . . . let there be love,” in which she reflects on everything from her early days as an artist, to the true meaning of winning awards and being fearless as an individual.
“I wanted to reach out to my fans out there that continuously support me and have my back relentlessly throughout the years,” the returning Voice judge begins in her message.
“I am so grateful and fortunate for your dedication. Your time & devotion. Your kindness and understanding. Your patience and compassion. I continue to work, create and deliver my best to you.”
To read the entire letter, head over to Aguilera’s official website.
Here are 5 highlights that particularly stood out for us:
- I am enjoying life more than ever before. And discovering new things and ideas every day. Just enjoying myself, my life and appreciating all my hard work up to this point.
- Awards and accolades can be enjoyable “moments” in time. And I’ve been fortunate to have had many great ones over the course of mine thus far. They look nice on a shelf. And is fun to celebrate with those you love on memorable nights.
- Be fearless in owning who you are. No matter what . . . you have to put yourself out there and take risks. Sink or swim.
- As always, thank you for accepting me for who I am. Being human – flaws and all. We’re all made up of beautiful imperfections.
- While commentary is only temporary. The noise fades, while my song remains the same. One to remember and I quote… “We are beautiful. No matter what they say.”