Liam Payne's Apartment Catches Fire, Singer's Friends Hospitalized With Burns

liam-payne
A fire that broke out in Liam Payne's apartment has sent two of the One Direction singer's friends to the hospital with burns. The 20-year-old was hosting a small get-together on his balcony Monday night when an outdoor heater went up in flames at his East London home.

U.K.'s The Mirror reports that one male partygoer -- identified as Andy Samuels -- suffered 20-percent burns to his hands and face, while another man and a woman were left with superficial burns on their hands.

According to the publication, Payne was inside his apartment when the explosion occurred. Though most of his balcony caught fire, the rest of his luxury flat, which sits on the 34th floor of a building in the Canary Wharf area, was not damaged.

"Firefighters worked quickly and professionally to get the fire under control as quickly as possible. Around 30 people left the building before we arrived and were not injured. Two of the occupants had superficial burns to their hands and the third had burns to his hands and face. All three have been taken to hospital," station manager Laurie Kenny, who was at the scene, said in a London Fire Brigade report.

It took six fire engines from six different fire stations and a total of 35 firefighters to put out the blaze.

 

Discuss

Default avatar