“Mr. Bieber I say ‘Bravo!’ Now that he’s proven himself a man, we can address him as Mister,” Passion told Celebuzz.
“His personal triumph has already been established: If he’ll grow a mustache, you know he’s grown some balls. He’s earned my approval.”
Nelson says JB had to start somewhere — and it’s lookin’ good.
“It’s a good start,” he said. “I think it’s developing really well and it matches his face and matches him.
And these not-so-follically challenged experts know what they’re talking about when it comes to growing and grooming. So listen up, J-Biebs!
Passion recommends doing all you can to keep it coming.
“Nobody wants to see a creeper scum stach on a little boy, so he should do everything he can to grow it as fast he can! Everyone will chime in with something to say, but at the end of the day it’s his,” said the world champion.
Even Nelson, president of the Austin Facial Hair Club and member of Beard Team USA, has some not-so-hairy step-by-step advice.
1. “If he shaves it a little bit, it’ll make a thicker mustache.”
2. There will be growing pains, sooo: “Don’t spend too much time looking in the mirror.”
3. And… “Have a good solid base before you mold it.”
4. Flash those pearly whites: “Having fun is key. Everyone’s facial hair looks better when they smile.”
7. And last but not least: “Own it! See where it goes. If he could have a really nice thick beard, I can see that looking good.”
Nelson says the 19-year-old crooner should use this as an opportunity to get in touch with his Canadian roots.
“A full beard, like a Canadian lumberjack,” Nelson quipped. “He’s so young so as he starts to develop to more of a man it would blow people away if he showed up in flannel and a full beard.”
Baby steps, Biebs.