Sonja Morgan’s NYC Panty-Dropping Palace Is Back On the Market for $8.25 Million
This Real Housewife is crossing her manicured fingers that third time’s the charm.
After years putting her Lenox Hill townhouse on and off the market and multiple price changes, Sonja Morgan is ready to try her luck on the market once again, Celebuzz has learned. And she’s now asking $8.25 million for her Manhattan mansion.
Just in case you need it, here’s a refresher course in Morgan’s five-year real estate roller coaster:
– She first listed the five-story townhouse in 2008 for $12 million
– She took it off the market in Jan. 2009
– Then re-listed it again in Nov. 2009 for $9.25 million
– Only to slash the price to $8.25 million and $7.25 million by Feb. 2010
– The housewife then de-listed the property for a second time in March 2010
– After a three-year hiatus, it was back on the MLS in April 2013 for $9.95 million
– Then plucked from the market in June 2013
– Only to reappear nearly two weeks ago with a new and improved price.
The reality star and ex-wife of John Adams Morgan, great-grandson of financier JP Morgan, has faced mounting bills and bankruptcy, forcing her to downsize by also unloading her Colorado cabin and St. Tropez beach retreat.
Back in the Big Apple, her huge five-story spread has five bedrooms and five baths. And forget sashaying along the 4,500 square feet of hardwood floors in her sky-high Louboutins — Morgan’s famous digs have an elevator. Although the socialite’s décor may be a bit too old-fashioned, there’s plenty more worth paying for…
Like the elegant living room with wood-burning fireplace, gourmet kitchen, formal dining room and French doors that open to charming patio garden on the first floor.
Moving upstairs, there’s a bedroom and library, while the master suite and luxe bath with Juliette balcony take over the third floor. And make your way to the fourth floor where you’ll find a bedroom with en-suite bath, gym and spa bathroom (with sauna) and large terrace.
If that wasn’t enough, the top floor has two more bedrooms, a separate kitchenette and wall of picture windows that overlooks the Manhattan skyline.
Now that’s the lap of luxury we expect from a Real Housewife.
Take a look Sonja’s decadent digs in the CB! gallery above.