Coroner’s Final Report Reveals New Details In Cory Monteith’s Death

Autopsy Reveals Glee Star Cory Monteith Died of Drug Overdose

Cory Monteith final coroner's report revealed
It’s been over two months since Cory Monteith’s tragic death and the British Columbia Coroner’s Office has released new details Wednesday that reveal the Glee star had injected heroin in the moments before his accidental overdose.

Coroner Claire Thompson concluded in the final report that the 31-year-old actor died of a toxic mix of drugs, involving intravenous heroin use combined with alcohol, Celebuzz has learned.

Monteith was found unresponsive on the floor of his hotel room in Vancouver July 13.

According to the report, investigators at the scene found drug paraphernalia, including a spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle. Two empty champagne bottles and glasses were also discovered.

The report made note of Monteith’s drug history and possible decreased tolerance because of his “intermittent periods of rehabilitation and of abstinence from drugs.”

The actor had just completed a one-month stay in rehab just two months prior to his passing.

“… If someone has abstained from using opioids (which include heroin) for a period of time, tolerance may be lessened,” as quoted in the report.

Monteith's Glee tribute episode airs Oct. 10.

 

Discuss

Default avatar