14 Reasons We Love The Vampire Diaries – And Are Excited For The Originals!
Fall is the best time of the year. Pumpkin spice lattes flow freely from the taps, there’s a chill in the air, you can wear boots and pants again and best of all — television opens its sleepy eyes and awakens renewed, refreshed and ready to go, attacking our airwaves with the return of beloved shows, and the premier of many, many new shows. Some are destined to be our new favorites, and the CW’s latest, a spinoff from The Vampire Diaries called The Originals is looking like an early frontrunner. Let’s take a look at the 14 reasons we LOVED The Vampire Diaries and why we’re also super psyched for The Originals!
- The Vampire Diaries is a love triangle between brothers, which is kind of incredible.
- Everyone on the show is hot like fire — seriously, there’s not a single unattractive person in Mystic Falls.
- I was sad when Boone died on Lost, so to see Ian Somerhalder and his sexy eyebrows back on the TV in such a juicy role is super exciting.
- Flashbacks, flashbacks, flashbacks! We love a good flashback, and the Vampire Diaries does not disappoint.
- The show lets me believe that there might be a doppelgänger of myself somewhere out there.
- They keep you on your toes — people die, left and right, characters come and go — it’s got the brisk pace and deep connections of a soap opera, and that keeps us coming back for more.
- Unlike those other vampire shows (hello, True Blood, we are talking to you), the things that the characters do have consequences! Just like life, can you even?
- Nina Dobrev plays not one, but TWO characters, and trust us — they couldn’t be more different.
- The Originals is set in New Orleans, which is perhaps our favorite city in the continental United States. It’s a naturally spooky setting, so we’re really amped to see how this plays out!
- The Originals is going to follow Klaus, our favorite evil vamp, and we are super excited to see his backstory.
- It is near impossible to hate any of these characters, because they are all likable, in their own way.
- If you want to watch some of the best dramatic line readings, look no further than this show. Here’s hoping The Originals stays true to this!
- Not only do we have vampires, there’s witches. If that wasn’t enough for you, they threw in werewolves in the mix a little while back.
- The war between the witches and the vampires of New Orleans in the Originals is gonna be a doozy! We can’t wait to see it played out.
Don’t miss The CW’s Series Premiere Event of The Originals TONIGHT at 9pm/8pm Central after the season premiere of The Vampire Diaries!