‘Beverly Hills, 90210′ Premiered 23 Years Ago Today
OhMyGod, you guys. I totally forgot that the crown jewel of the 90s premiered on October 4th, 1990!
Beverly Hills, 90210 was a series that defined many a teenage era, so much so that my scrunchie-wearing mother refused to let me watch 9-0 until Fox moved its time slot from Thursdays at 9 to Wednesday at 8. Then syndication happened, and it was glorious.
These days, if an episode is playing on Soap Net, all plans are canceled. One never, ever tires of:
- Brenda’s melodramatic tantrums
- Brenda’s bodysuits
- Brenda’s tapered jeans
- Donna’s bodysuits
- Brandon’s coif
- Dylan’s coif
- Steve’s mock turtlenecks
- David’s harem pants
- High-waisted bikini bottoms
- The fact that Peter Krause played Aundrea’s boyfriend the summer before senior year.
- Donna’s empty stomach, which led to a drunky prom after which she (almost) got suspended from school. Damn you, Mel Silver!
- Jackie Taylor’s relapse, which subsequently ruined the Mother/Daughter fashion show
- Jackie’s earrings
- Jackie’s house
Which reminds me, I had a fine chat with Jackie a few weeks ago.