Justin Bieber Charged With Assault: New Details Released
Justin Bieber turned himself in to Toronto police yesterday to face criminal assault charges following an alleged December incident involving a limousine driver.
The limo driver was supposedly hit on the back of the head "several times" after picking up Bieber and his entourage from a club. The Toronto Police Service released a statement regarding the incident. Read the full press release after the jump.
The Toronto Police Service would like to advise the public of an arrest in connection with an assault investigation. It is alleged that:
- on Monday, December 30, 2013 at approximately 2:50 a.m., a limousine picked up a group of six people outside a nightclub in the Peter Street and Adelaide Street West area.
- while driving the group to a hotel, an altercation occurred between one of the passengers and the driver of the limousine
- in the course of the altercation, a man struck the limousine driver on the back of the head several times
- the driver stopped the limousine, exited the vehicle and called police
- the man who struck him left the scene before police arrived
On Wednesday, January 29, 2014, Justin Bieber, 19, of Calabasas, California, surrendered to police at 52 Division. He is facing the following charge:
He is scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Monday, March 10, 2014, 11 a.m., room 111.
The possibility that the singer may in fact be deported to his native Canada, seems to be growing exponentially by the week.