Spots To Drop The Big Bucks On Dessert
If you're crazy rich (or just plain crazy), we've lined up the top celeb-approved sweets worth dropping the big bucks on. Caloric content aside, these decadent treats are going to require a serious sugar addiction and a fat wallet. Ready, set, indulge!
1. The Golden Opulence, $1,000 Did you know the legendary Serendipity 3 in Las Vegas serves a sundae that holds the Guinness World Record for "Most Expensive Dessert"? At $1,000, "The Golden Opulence" is topped with an edible gold leaf and served with a mother of pearl spoon. The Carrie Diaries' AnnaSophia Robb has been known to spend her "Sundays at Serendipity," at least according to her Instagram.
2. Chocopologie Truffle, $250 Chef Bobby Flay lost to a "throwdown" with award-winning chocolatier Fritz Knipschiildt of Chocopologie in Norwak, Connecticut. If that's any indication of the Danish master's skill, his sweets have got to be good. Knipschildt's hand-rolled truffle, made with luxury Valrhona cacao and truffle oil, clocks in at $250.
3. Slice of Will & Kate's Royal Cake, $4,160 Prince William and Kate, Duchess of Cambridge's two wedding cakes apparently cost $80,000, coming to about $133 per guest—yet someone allegedly paid $4,160 on auction for a 2-year-old slice of the Fiona Cairns-designed traditional eight-tiered fruit cake. Let's hope it was worth it.
4. One Girl Cookie Whoopie Pies, $30 The Americans' Keri Russell is allegedly a fan of Brooklyn's One Girl Cookie whoopie pies, specifically the pumpkin-flavored cake-cookie filled with cream cheese frosting. A dozen go for $30, and that's the least amount you'll pay if you're ordering online.
5. Laduree Macarons, $24 We can't forget the melt-in-your-mouth macarons of Paris' Maison Laduree—the patisserie responsible for the decadent treats featured in the film Marie Antoinette, and a favorite of Gossip Girl's Blair Waldorf (Leighton Meester). A box of eight of these sweet meringue-based confections costs $24, but it's easy to spend hundreds here.
Have you tried any of the above desserts? Let us know in the comments below!