PICS: Apartment Where Philip Seymour Hoffman Overdosed Is Back on the Market
If anyone wants to bathe in the same bathroom where Philip Seymour Hoffman was tragically found dead after overdosing on heroin, then all you’ll need is $10,500 a month.
That’s because the apartment Celebuzz was first to show you where the late actor spent his final hours is back on the market less than two months after his untimely passing.
The listing says you can “enjoy life in the most exciting part of the city,” but, of course, does not mention the sad scene Feb. 2 that drew a crowd of hundred and makeshift vigils outside the building to remember the beloved star.
Despite the visual that most reports left readers with — that the 46-year-old thespian was found unconscious with a hypodermic needle still stuck in his arm, the condo is anything but a drug den.
The luxurious loft has two sizable bedrooms, a whopping 9 oversized windows, 10-foot original wood-beamed ceilings, wood-burning brick fireplace, and strip oak floors.
“They did a big clean-up,” a source told the NY Post, which was first to report the news.
That they did. Rest-assured, the listing states the two white marble-swathed bathrooms have been renovated since his sudden passing with some upgraded features like glass tiles, Calacatta marble, radiant heated limestone and quartzite floors, and jade tiles in order to lure in an upscale renter.
The New York City medical examiner confirmed the Hunger Games star died accidentally from a toxic mix of drugs, including heroin, cocaine, benzodiazepines, and amphetamines. Seymour was laid to rest at a service in Manhattan Feb. 7.
But, attention potential condo inhabitants — in case you didn’t know, New York is a caveat-emptor state, meaning “let the buyer beware”, so any funny business or out of the ordinary goings-on in an apartment, etc., may not need to be disclosed.
Hmm, maybe that’s why our request for comment by the real estate broker has not been returned.
Go inside Hoffman’s former apartment in the CB! gallery above.