Bryan Singer Plans to Countersue Michael Egan Over Sex Abuse Claims

Director Bryan Singer

Michael Egan, the man who has accused X-Men director Bryan Singer of sexually abusing him in 1999 claimed that his mother first reported the allegations to the Los Angeles Police Department when he was 17.

Singer is accused of sexually assaulting him at wild pool parties when he was 15 claimed orgies are common.

Speaking at a press conference hosted by his attorney, Jeff Herman, at the Four Seasons Hotel in LA on Thursday (April 17, 2014), Michael Egan said he felt the claim – which Singer has vehemently denied – had fallen on “deaf ears” at the LAPD.

Singer’s attorney, Marty Singer, said in a statement that they plan to bring “a claim for malicious prosecution against Mr. Egan and his attorney after we prevail.”

“The claims made today about Bryan Singer are completely fabricated,” Marty Singer said.

“It is obvious that plaintiff’s attorney is not looking to litigate the case on the merits,” Marty Singer said in a statement. “This matter is nothing more than the attorney seeking to get his 15 minutes of fame by sending out a press release with his ‘media consultant’ yesterday following up with a press conference today. Attorneys who try cases don’t hold press conferences.”

In the midst of the scandal, Singer has reportedly pulled out of a previously scheduled appearance at the comic book and film WonderCon event in Anaheim, California this weekend (April 18, 2014), where he was set to promote his upcoming film, X-Men: Days Of Future Past.

Probably a smart move.

 

Discuss

Default avatar
 

Top Stories

Get the Scoop

Sign up for the daily Celebuzz Newsletter and stay in the know.