Bryan Singer Denies Sex Abuse Claims in Statement, Pulls Out of 'X-Men' Promotions
Director Bryan Singer has finally broke his silence about the lawsuit that was brought against him last week by Michael Egan, who accuses the X-Men: Days of Future Past director of repeatedly sexually assaulting him between the ages of 15 and 17 in Los Angeles and Hawaii.
"The allegations against me are outrageous, vicious and completely false," he said in a statement released today.
In order to prevent the allegations from overshadowing the May 23 release of Days of Future Past, Singer has decided not to participate in any press junkets or give interviews.
"I do not want these fictitious claims to divert ANY attention from X-Men: Days of Future Past," he continued. "This fantastic film is a labor of love and one of the greatest experiences of my career. So, out of respect to all of the extraordinary contributions from the incredibly talented actors and crew involved, I've decided not to participate in the upcoming media events for the film. However, I promise when this situation is over, the facts will show this to be the sick twisted shake down it is. I want to thank fans, friends and family for all their amazing and overwhelming support."
Singer’s lawyer denied the claims when they were first filed. “It is obvious that this case was filed in an attempt to get publicity at the time when Bryan’s new movie is about to open in a few weeks,” said Singer’s attorney.