Report: Peaches Geldof Died of a Heroin Overdose
A new report claims Peaches Geldof died of a heroin overdose. The 25-year-old mom-of-two was found unresponsive in her Kent, England home last month and was later pronounced dead. At the time, her death was considered “non-suspicious” by police.
Results of the toxicology reports are expected to be released today, and according to the U.K. paper The Times, the young mom died from a drug overdose. In a tragic coincidence, Peaches’ mother Paula Yates also died from an accidental heroin overdose in 2000, when she was just 41 years old.
Peaches, whose father is British rocker Sir Bob Geldof, was apparently looking after her 11-month-old son Phaedra at the time of her death. The Times also claims that since no evidence of drugs or drug paraphernalia were found in her home, items may have been removed before police arrived.
The British model, journalist and TV presenter had a history of drug use. In 2008, she suffered an overdose, and reportedly stopped breathing before being revived by paramedics.