Tuesday Ten: 10 Styles From the 90s That Are Trending Again
In case you've been hiding under a rock this past year, the 90s are back in full force... And celebrities are seriously diggin' it!
From overalls to jellies to crop tops galore, the couture from our Britney Spears-loving days is taking over the fashion world in a major way. (I'm just hoping we don't start seeing butterfly clips and studded belts anytime soon). So for today's edition of Tuesday Ten, I thought we'd take a look at some of the most notable styles you need to make this trend happen by gaining a little inspiration from some of the most fashionable celebs.
Check it out:
- Plaid Shirt. Tying a flannel around your waist adds a fashionable appeal to almost any look. I mean do we ever see Khloe Kardashian out and about without one?
- Jellies. Never in a million years did I think jellies would make a comeback, but here they are!
- Mom Jeans. A.K.A. "high-waisted jeans" are seriously every where. You can't walk into an Urban Outfitters without spotting a pair. Everyone from Miley Cyrus to Anne Hathaway are a fan of these vintage jeans.
- High Tops. High tops have always been in for people who rocked the "punk" look, but now we're seeing even the most high-fashion celebs wearing them. Kim Kardashian showed off her love for them earlier this year!
- Overalls. Overalls are another thing I never thought would EVER make a comeback, and now I own a pair. Selena Gomez proved how cute they can be for a warm summer day!
- Snapbacks. And tattoos. (Just kidding). While these have always been a big thing for guys, they just recently got popular for girls, too. Just last week Miley Cyrus rocked one while shopping in LA.
- Crop Tops. Do I even need to say anything more? I mean, come on! These are the new t-shirt.
- Dr. Martens. If you want to add a cool, retro statement to your outfit, Dr. Martens are the perfect touch. Kendall and Kylie Jenner are big fans!
- Chokers. What's more 90s than a choker? This is your go-to accessory if you're looking to add some vintage appeal to your look.
- Denim Jackets. Denim-on-denim came back in a big way this year, and in order to make that look happen, a jean jacket is a must!