Coroner Officially Determines Peaches Geldof’s Cause of Death
Three months after her death, the coroner has officially determined that Peaches Geldof died of a heroin overdose.
Geldof was found dead on April 7 by her husband Thomas Cohen. She was in their spare bedroom and, according to the BBC, 34 syringes, alcohol wipes, cotton balls, knotted tights, and burnt spoons were found near her body. The coroner’s inquest cites that there were puncture wounds, ostensibly from syringes, in Geldof’s elbows, thumbs, and wrists. The amount of heroin found in her bloodstream was in the “fatal range.” The coroner also reported finding traces of methadone, codeine, and morphine in her blood.
Geldof was the daughter of musician Bob Geldof. She had long suffered from addiction, but was reportedly sober recently. The Independent reports that Geldof had been taking weekly drug tests. Geldof’s mother, Paula Yates, also died of a heroin overdose when Peaches was 11. Geldof was the mother to two children, Astala, 2, and Phaedra, 1.