Who the Heck is Ryan Dorsey Anyway? 7 Fun Facts About Naya Rivera’s New Hubby
People magazine broke the news Wednesday morning that the couple tied the knot in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico on July 19th after dating for less than 3 months.
But, other than the whirlwind of a marriage, I think the biggest question on everyone’s mind is: Who the heck in Ryan Dorsey any way?
1. He’s an actor… duh. Dorsey, 27, has been working as an actor since 2011 with smaller roles in both Southland and Pars and Rec. He’s also currently working on his biggest project in the 2015 film Blood Father with Mel Gibson, William H. Macy and Elisabeth Rohm.
2. He was raised in Charleston, West Virginia. The biography on his website describes him as, “the kid from the coal mining valley of West Virigina [who] had dreams of being a baseball player but high school fate derailed those plans and landed him on the stage, where he fell in love with a new dream.” He later attended the New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts before moving to Los Angeles.
3. He’s a puppy lover. Almost all of his Instagram snaps are of his dogs… Which is really adorable.
4. He’s been friends with Naya for a while. The two met in Los Angeles over four years ago and have been friends ever since.
5. He prefers Brazilian grooming. Dorsey was named Comopolitan’s West Virgina Bachelor of 2011, telling them that his biggest turn ons are when women wear “leggings or tights” and when they’ve received “Brazilian” grooming down there.
5. He’s a funny guy with abs. He posted that quote about liking when people make him laugh, so obviously he’s into funny things (duh). Also, those abs.
6. He leads a healthy lifestyle. He shared a photo while juicing which included the caption, “You bout that juice life? Fight sickness with #juicelife. Killing cancer with Kale & other shit one day at a time. -Possible Slogan?”
7. He’s a #selfie king. Move out the way, James Franco. Ryan Dorsey is giving you some competition! (PS. this is his “Serious face golf selfie” in case you were wondering).
So there you have it! Seems like a pretty well-rounded guy if you ask me… But I have some serious doubts about anyone who marries someone after only dating for 3 months.
What do you think of Ryan? Are you surprised by the quick marriage? Sound off in the comments below!