Tuesday Ten: 10 Fall-Inspired Celebrity Lipstick Picks
The change in seasons isn’t just the perfect opportunity to switch up your wardrobe… It’s also a great time to checkout new makeup hues and textures!
One of my favorite things about fall is the opportunity to try out some seriously sick lipstick shades you may not normally wear. Spring and summer are all about the shimmery and shiny pinks and reds, but autumn allows us to dip into the darker, more daring side of things…
colder weather season is all about exploring the depth of darker toned lip shades. But don’t get me wrong! Neutrals are also a must for fall–from browns to nudes and even hues with hints of gold.
For today’s edition of Tuesday Ten, I’m showing you 10 celebrity lipstick picks that are perfect for the autumn months. Scroll down to see where to buy them!
1. Burgundy. Selena Gomez rocked this look at a movie premiere and caused heads to turn! This is a great way to dabble with a darker hue. A close color is Urban Decay’s Venom Revolution!
2. Deep Berry. Similar to SelGo’s look, but with a deeper purple hue this lipstick Jessica Alba wears all the time is another great choice if you’re looking for something darker. Alba’s makeup artist suggest Lipstick Queen Silver Screen Lipstick in Made It.
3. Bright Red. I don’t think bright red will ever go out of style. Rock it with little to no makeup and you’re good to go… Or glam it up like Jennifer Lawrence did at the Met Gala in 2013! She chose Giorgio Armani’s Lip Maestra in The Red.
4. Rose Gold. Add just a hint of rose with a natural-gold lipstick for a shimmery finish. Taylor Swift rocked Cover Girl’s Lip Perfection Lip Color in Sultry. at the American Music Awards in 2013.
5. Orange-Red. This color is a go-to for summer, too, but it also happens to work for fall due to the orangey undertones. I love how it brings out Nicole Richie’s eyes here! She’s wearing NARS Audacious Lipstick in Lana.
6. Purplish-Black. If you really want to convert to the darker side for the night, try this purplish-black hue Khloé Kardashian rocked in Paris during one of Kim’s wedding events. It’s a drastic look, but it adds some awesome edge to your style. Test it out with NARS Audacious Lipstick in Deep Aubergine.
7. Pink Berry. (And no, not the yogurt!) If you’re not about the darker tones, try lightening up the berry style by rocking a pinker hue like Charlize Theron in this photo. She’s wearing NARS Audacious Lipstick in Fanny.
8. Plum. Add just a touch of color by rocking a balm in a fall-inspired shade. Elizabeth Banks’ makeup artist loves L’Oreal’s Petite Plum Colour Riche Glossy Balm because it feels like a balm but looks like a lipstick!
9. Neutral. Just want to amp up your lips without adding too much color? Neutral is another glam way to get it done, as proven by Kaley Cuoco who’s wearing All Butter Now Lip Treat in Bare All.
10. Cherry. As opposed to an orange-red or a bright red, try a red lipstick with pink undertones to add a great pop of color to your complexion. Rose Byrne is wearing Tom Ford’s Cherry Lush!
What’s your go-to fall lipstick hue? Sound off in the comments below!