‘Jane the Virgin’ Star Gina Rodriguez Takes Celebuzz’s Pop Career Quiz
Her character is a hard-working, religious young Latina woman whose family tradition and a vow to save her virginity until her marriage to a detective is shattered when a doctor mistakenly artificially inseminates her during a checkup. And to make matters worse, the biological donor is a married man, a former playboy and cancer survivor who is not only the new owner of the hotel where Jane works, but was also her former teenage crush.
Make sure to catch the debut of Jane the Virgin tonight on The CW at 9/8c.
Jane took the time to tackle the Celebuzz Career Quiz to give us a better idea of how she got to where he was today.
Check out the questions, and her answers, below.
1. Tell us about your first acting job.
Walk two moons, a play with USA Theatre in New York. I was 20 years old playing 13. It was a heavy and tragic tale that meant the world to me.
2. What was your first non-acting job?
Teaching handicap children how to swim, age 13 at Gordon Tech high school in Chicago.
3. Who are you inspired by (doesn’t have to be an actor)?
My father. He always told me that I could be anything I wanted to be as long as I did it with integrity, morality and grace all would work in my favor. Oh and of course never give up on yourself, you can’t have failure without success so brush off those knees and try again.
4. Whose career do you most admire and why?
Rita Moreno. She has always stood by her principles as an actor, taking roles that would further the latino community and our image in the media. That takes strength and commitment and look at her now. EGOT what what?!?!
5. Tell us about your worst audition?
Don’t have one…yet.
6. What’s one thing you do on set that no one knows about?
I pray. I pray before a scene, before the day begins, when I am afraid or need guidance, I pray.
7. What’s one secret about one of your co-stars that no one knows?
My co-stars are my teammates, never sell out someone on your team. My lips are sealed :)
8. What have you bought or what do plan on buying with your first major paycheck?
Not sure. Never really thought about it. My grandma a nice home, my parents whatever their hearts desire, help my friend get a place for her and her daughter, help my sister pay off medical school loans, pay off Nyu, HA! I dunno. Save!
9. Who is the nicest person that you’ve ever worked with?
I have worked with a ton of nice people, I don’t really allow room for nasty attitudes. If you don’t put up with it eventually the person stops. I can list a bunch: Jenni Rivera, Lou Diamond Phillips, Edward James Olmos, Jaime Camil, Andrea Navedo, justin Baldoni, Ana Ortiz. The list goes on.
10. Do you remember your first onscreen line?
Truthfully? No I don’t. Huh. I need to take ginseng.
11. What is the one role you wish that you could play?