Kesha Said Dr. Luke Did Not Sexually Assault Her While Under Oath
In a 2011 deposition obtained by TMZ, the “Timber” singer claimed that Dr. Luke — born Lukasz Gottwald — did not sexually assault her, contradicting her current allegations that her frequent collaborator “sexually, physically, verbally and emotionally abused” her for a decade. In the same deposition, which was taken when both were being sued by Kesha’s former manager, Kesha also swore under oath that Dr. Luke did not drug her.
Dr. Luke’s lawyer asked the court Tuesday morning to open the deposition, which had been previously sealed, to be used in the current case. Though Kesha’s attorney argued against it, judge ruled that the document would be unsealed.
Kesha’s lawyer, Mark Geragos, told TMZ that the new evidence is “a pathetic attempt to once again blame the victim” after Dr. Luke filed his own lawsuit against the songstress for extortion.
According to recent reports, Kesha had also told her doctors at her rehab center about Luke’s alleged abuse and documented the mistreatments in letters the “Tik Tok” hitmaker had sent to fans during her time in rehab. According to Geragos, the singer didn’t feel comfortable taking legal actions against the super-producer until recently.
“She’s made efforts, [but] she is not a confrontational person,” he said. “The efforts were always met with psychological warfare, [predatory behavior] and things of that ilk. She finally got to a place where she is surrounded by people that are supportive enough that she felt like she could finally do it, and felt like she needed to do it. She just couldn’t go on this way. Getting out of the contract is really secondary to extricating herself from his control.”