Kendall Jenner: “I Feel Like Hannah Montana”
In the young reality starlet’s latest profile with the New York Times, Jenner and her plethora of fashion friends open up about her journey to become one of the industry’s most sought-after models. Explaining that the she feels “like Hannah Montana” juggling TV and modeling, Jenner insists there’s more to her than meets the eye.
So, just who is this girl that wants to be referred to as just Kendall?
Here are five things you need to know about her, according to her latest sit-down interview.
1. She loves the camera. She tells the publication:
I would literally sit at home and have my friends take pictures of me on my little Canon camera that my mom gave me for Christmas. Obviously, the show was me being in front of a camera. It’s just something that I’ve kind of always been around.
2. Love magazine editor, Katie Grand, hasn’t always been a fan of the 19-year-old. “I didn’t even really know who she was other than someone I thought went skiing with Harry Styles once,” she says, adding that she was “underwhelmed” with Jenner upon their initial meeting.
3. Designer Riccardo Tisci insists that he didn’t cast Jenner in his Givenchy show because of her personal connections with the Kardashians and Kanye West. “It always comes as a shock when I tell the story of how I casted Kendall,” he says in an email. “I didn’t do it because of my links to her sister or to Kanye, as everyone seems to believe. I only chose Kendall because I thought she was amazing, a striking, dark, edgy beauty, exactly the way I like them.”
4. Jenner almost has much consumer awareness as Gisele Bundchen, the world’s highest-paid model. The article notes that “Jenner has an awareness percentage of 33 among the general population, which puts her in line with actresses like Kerry Washington, and only 2 percentage points below Gisele Bündchen.”
5. Jenner knows you’re not a fan of her as well. “Some people are hesitant with me, and they just worry or wonder for a second,” she says. “But then when the chance gets taken…”