Amy Adams Reveals She Worked at Hooters and Loved It
Amy made the revelation to ET’s Nancy O’Dell on the Golden Globes red carpet, saying, “I would be proud of that, I would be like, ‘I had the body, people!’”
“Well I was like 18, so everybody has the body at 18, but it was a great job out of high school and I was a hostess at first, and then I waited tables for a while, and it was great. It was a great way for me to earn money for college.”
Adams, while in the pressroom at the Globes, gave some fantastic advice for women who are thinking of becoming actresses:
1. “Get off the Internet, don’t read what people write about you.”
2. “Stop listening to outside voices. Listen to your inner voice, instinct and intuition.”
3. “Surround yourself with people who are willing to disagree with you and willing to have a great conversation and debate in order to prove their point.
4. “Don’t be afraid to be smart or outspoken. Really be an advocate for yourself.”
5. “Focus on the art. Don’t worry about the celebrity.”
Sounds like pretty solid career advice to me. Launch the gallery above to see more pics of Amy Adams at the 2015 Golden Globes.