Tuesday Ten: Spring Beauty Essentials
Spring is a great time to say out with the old and in with the new! And not just for your home or closet, but also for your beauty and skincare routine.
As the weather starts to get a bit warmer (slowly but surely for you, east coasters), it’s time to do a little beauty overhaul and decide which products are best suited for lower temperatures and which products you’ll need moving forward.
To give you a bit of inspiration, we’ve dedicated today’s edition of Tuesday Ten to some of our own favorite products for spring. Check out where to get them below!
1. Stick-On Eyeliner – Dior. Stick-on eyeliner was all the rage during spring/summer ’15 fashion week. Coming in all different colors — including white, pastels and silver — it adds a super futuristic, chic touch to any look!
2. Bright-Hued Lipstick – NARS. As we’ve discussed before, spring is the time to get funky with brighter lip shades. From this coral hue by NARS to purples and pinks, oranges and reds, don’t be afraid to dabble in something new for your pout!
3. Gradual Self-Tanning Lotion – Karora. With festival season right around the corner and summer coming shortly thereafter, spring is a good time to start getting your tan on! To build a natural day overtime, try Karora’s gradual self-tanning lotion!
4. Tinted Sunscreen – DNAEGF Renewal. It’s never too early to start protecting your skin, so even if it’s still a bit cold wherever you are, always wear your SPF — even during the winter! I’m loving this DNA tinted sunscreen because it acts as both SPF protection and a blemish concealer. Perfect for days spent outdoors.
5. Shimmery Cheeks – Urban Decay. Add some shimmer to your cheeks this season with a 3-in-1 palette, like this one from Urban Decay. It includes a bronzer, highlighter and blush.
6. BB Cream – Bobbi Brown. A lot of people get confused between a tinted moisturizer and a BB cream. Basically, a BB cream is a “blemish base” cream that’s stronger than a tinted moisturizer, acting more like a concealer than just a moisturizer. I love this one by Bobbi Brown because it provides coverage as well as moisture and SPF protection!
7. Eyebrow Gel – Marc Jacobs. I know, I know: a brand name eyebrow gel? Am I nuts? Actually, no. I didn’t believe in touching my brows for the longest time, but now that I’ve not only learned how to properly fill them, but also keep them in place, it’s my go-to. Not to mention, the runway proved that natural makeup with stand-out eyebrows are all the rage this season. Eyebrow gel will totally help you get that look!
8. Body Polish – Clairvoyant Beauty. Winter tends to be really harsh on the skin, causing it to dry out and crack. Get rid of old, dead skin with a great body polish, like this blue green algae scrub by Clairvoyant.
9. Colorful Mascara – NYX. No, we have transported back to the 90s, but colorful mascaras are totally back! Lots of models were rocking bright lashes on the runway for spring fashion weeks, and I’m loving the fun look. My go-to is blue, but purple hues are in, too!
10. Purple Eyeshadow – Sephora Brand. We saw lots of fun colors on the runway for spring fashion week, but purple was definitely most popular. Experiment a fun, cheap palette like this one from Sephora.