‘KUWTK’ Season 10, Episode 4 Recap: Kim Kardashian Struggles to Get Pregnant
It was a very emotional episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians last night.
The fourth episode of season 10 “No Retreat” was filled with tears, and we’re breaking it all down for you in the recap. This episode focused on Kim Kardashian’s pregnancy struggles and Rob Kardashian’s emotional struggles. Get all of the details below.
Though the Kardashians seem like they have it all, they are just like us in many ways. They face a lot of the same hardships and have to deal with certain emotional struggles like the rest of the world.
Here’s a list of the most shocking moments from the episode.
1. Kim contemplates having a surrogate carry her second child. While at dinner with sister Kendall Jenner and best friend Jonathan Cheban, Kim talks about her pregnancy struggles. She tells the duo, “What I could do, but I’m so not this person, is having a surrogate.” Kendall asks Kim, “Doesn’t a surrogate kind of freak you out though?” Kim replies, “Totally, because what if they’re a lunatic? I’m gonna have to have security around them full time. What if they run off with my baby and go raise it in a different country?”
2. Kim needs to have emergency surgery to clear out her uterus. After going to a fertility specialist, Kim tries to get a hold of Kanye. When she talks to Kanye, she tells him about the surgery. Kim explains, “I feel like this doctor that I saw today, told me every worst case scenario. He’s like, ‘Okay, when you have your baby this will be your last one because the problem is your placenta grew on to your uterus, so when you have another baby that placenta will go right to that hole. Then we’ll have a team of doctors waiting to remove your uterus and put you into emergency surgery because you can’t bleed too much.'”
3. Kris Jenner plans a meeting with a specialist to talk about staging an intervention for Rob, who has being going through a really tough time. Kim and Kourtney join in on the meeting, and they explain what’s been going on with Rob. They decide to go ahead and have people go to Khloé Kardashian’s house where Rob is staying and try to help him. But, while at a retreat with the DASH Dolls, Khloé gets a text from Rob complaining about the team of specialists being at the house. Rob and Khloé then talk on the phone and he tells her that he’s locking himself in his room and is refusing the help.
4. After Rob refuses the help, Kim suggests cutting him off completely. Khloé and Kourtney agree and Khloé starts to take things away from Rob. When she doesn’t allow Rob to have access to her housekeeper, Rob calls Khloé and they get into an argument. In her commentary, Khloé says, “Rob is asking to use my housekeeper, and you know what? Normally when he asks for things, we all make it happen, but I’m practicing some tough love and he has to do some things on his own.”
5. Kim goes to the doctor to get surgery. When she arrives the doctor tells her, “We’re basically looking inside the uterus today, so if you have a retained placenta, I’m going to take it out. Because if you think about it, anything that’s in the uterus that shouldn’t be there is going to get in the way of you getting pregnant.” Kim asks the doctor, “Can I still get pregnant?” To which he replies, “Yes, you can still get pregnant, but it does expose you to risks during the pregnancy.” Kim then thinks about having a surrogate, she explains, “To have a surrogate to me is really scary, I don’t want one, I don’t want that to be my reality.”
We’ll find out what happens with Kim’s surgery on the next episode.
Be sure to check Celebuzz every Monday morning for a full recap of KUWTK.