WATCH: The First Auditions of the 10 Most Famous American Idol Contestants #TBT
From Kelly Clarkson to Jordin Sparks, Carrie Underwood to Adam Lambert, the singing contest has given us several of the biggest musicians and stars to date. Not to mention, it built the platform for a type of reality TV that has been repeated and adored time and time again — The Voice, America’s Got Talent, So You Think You Can Dance, to name a few.
It’s hard to image after 13 years all of that will finally be coming to an end. So in honor of its longevity and major impact in the entertainment industry, we #bless you with the audition tapes from what we’ve picked as the top 10 most famous people to come from American Idol (a few you likely forgot about):
1. Kelly Clarkson: Season 1 Winner, 2002.
2. Carrie Underwood: Season 4 Winner, 2005.
3. Adam Lambert: Season 8 Winner, 2010.
4. Jordin Sparks: Season 6 Winner, 2007.
5. Jennifer Hudson: Season 3, 2004.
6. Kellie Pickler: Season 5, 2006.
7. Katharine McPhee: Season 5 Runner-up, 2006.
8. Fantasia: Season 3 Winner, 2004.
9. Clay Aiken: Season 2 Winner, 2003.
10. William Hung: Season 3 Most Memorable, 2004.
Now if that doesn’t make you sad to see the end of an era, we’re not sure what will.
Here’s to you American Idol! Thanks for being part of many of our childhood memories.