‘KUWTK: About Bruce’ Part 2 Recap: Kris Jenner Tells Bruce ‘Live the Happiest Life You Can Live’
The second part of the Bruce Jenner TV special Keeping Up with the Kardashians: About Bruce aired last night. On this episode, things got even more emotional. Check out a complete episode recap below.
On the first part of the TV special, Bruce talked to his daughters about his transition. He confirmed to them that he’s becoming a woman, and has already begun the process by getting a nose job.
Here’s the top five must-see moments you missed:
1. Scott Disick goes to talk to Bruce about his transition. Scott has been out of the loop for years, it’s revealed that he didn’t know about Bruce’s desires to become a woman and his longtime girlfriend, Kourtney Kardashian never told him anything about it. Watch the clip of Scott and Bruce’s discussion below.
2. Kourtney reveals that she’s not ready to talk about Bruce’s transition in front of her and Scott’s 5-year-old son, Mason, yet. Khloé Kardashian, Kourtney and Scott are having a discussion about Bruce’s transition when Mason walks over. Kourtney tells Khloé, “Don’t talk too much about it in front of Mason. I just don’t want to talk about it in front of Mason yet.”
In her video commentary, Kourtney says, “I think we are waiting to see what Bruce does before we tell Mason. I definitely don’t want him to find out, you know, through someone at school or something like that. I want him to find out through us. I think just, it’s such a great lesson to teach him not to judge people. It’s a great life lesson, that I think I have to make it the most positive that I can.”
3. Bruce and Kris have a heated discussion about their marriage and Bruce’s transition. Bruce goes to see Kris, the two haven’t spoken much since all of the transition rumors began. So, he goes to her so they can talk.
Bruce tells Kris, “First of all, you’re an amazing woman. We’ve had so many great moments together, 23, 25 years of great moments together. They still live inside of me, they’re still part of me, I don’t want to let that go. But, I’ve had a struggle in my life, and I’m just trying to deal with myself and what’s best for myself. In so many ways, I’ve lived my entire life running away from me and who I am. We’ve raised amazing children, and those memories will live inside of me forever, I mean and I will continue to have more of those wonderful, wonderful memories. You know, it’s just, it’s tough and I just want to get through this and do the best damn job of not hurting anybody, and that includes you. And I would hope that you would, you know, kind of be on board.”
Kris tells Bruce, “I don’t, I think I’m just so confused right now. I think you shut me out a long time ago. You were angry, you made me angry.”
Bruce replies, “You know you treated me badly those last four or five years of our marriage. I wasn’t happy.”
Kris tells Bruce, “No, you were just very very angry, to the point where we just had to separate and then get divorced. You never said that this was going to be the end result. So now it makes sense to me, you know, and I think just being honest is something that we all would’ve appreciated and I think the truth in your head is different than the truth that came out of your mouth, and the truth in your head is different from your actions.”
Bruce tells Kris, “You know why? Because I don’t want to hurt you.”Kris goes on to say that she “never saw this coming in a gazillion years.”The two go back and forth and Bruce apologizes to Kris for not being “more open” with her. Kris responds by saying, “I just miss Bruce, and that’s gonna take a minute for me to mourn that relationship.”At the end of the conversation Kris tells Bruce, “Just live the happiest life you can live.”When Bruce is about to leave, he tells Kris, “I love you” and she says, “I love you too” and they hug. When Bruce leaves, Kris breaks down in tears.
Watch the video below to see Bruce and Kris’ talk:
4. Bruce shows Kim his women’s clothing and he reveals he once stole her outfit. Watch the clip below.
5. At the end of the episode, Bruce and his family open up about their hopes and dreams for the future.