Tuesday Teen: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Hailey Baldwin
Who is Hailey Baldwin? Here’s 10 things you didn’t know about this 18-year-old.
1. She has a famous father, actor Stephen Baldwin. Hailey Rhode Baldwin was born on Nov. 22, 1996 to Stephen and Kennya Baldwin.
2. She’s a model. According to her Twitter, Baldwin is represented by “FORD models NY Storm models London.” Baldwin has appeared in magazines like LOVE and Wonderland. Plus she landed herself a Topshop campaign.
3. She’s a dancer. In a 2012 interview, Baldwin revealed that she’s been dancing since she was five.
See her ballet moves in the video below:
4. She likes to make her own clothes. In an interview with Elle, Baldwin admitted that she likes to create shorts out of jeans. She explained, “I love making shorts out of jeans, or customizing denim. Basically, I like to rip and distress things… I love that look. I’ll admit, I’ve had some disasters—you know, you cut without measuring anything first, and then you’ve totally ruined a dress—but cutoffs are pretty easy.”
5. She loves Leonardo DiCaprio. Baldwin often posts photos of DiCaprio on her Instagram. But, he’s actually more interested in her mom. Baldwin revealed to LOVE magazine that DiCaprio once asked her mom out on a date. She explained, “She was sitting in a bar here in London and Leonardo DiCaprio came up to her and asked her on a date. She was like, yeah, sure, you can ask my husband first. And he was like, ‘Ooh, never mind.'”
Baldwin herself actually met DiCaprio at a Met Gala after-party. She told the magazine that she managed to say, “‘Oh, hiiiii! Like I don’t have the biggest crush on you forever, but hey.'”
6. She was homeschooled. After eight grade, Baldwin switched to homeschooling. She told LOVE magazine, it wasn’t easy going to school when you have a famous family. She revealed, “The thing that was annoying about having an uncle that’s in 30 Rock is that kids [her age] didn’t understand it. They’re like, ‘What?’ Then they’re like, ‘You have to go away to LA with your dad, what?’ And they didn’t get that. And that’s what I’ve struggled with my whole life in school, too.”
7. She likes to act. In an interview Baldwin revealed that, like her famous family, she into the acting thing. She told FORD, “In my spare time I like to act. I love theatre. One thing a lot of people don’t know about me is that I’m obsessed with Broadway musicals and I trained for about 7 years in musical theatre.”
8. She wants to teleport. When asked what her superpower would be if she could have one, Baldwin told FORD, “To transport myself anywhere by snapping my fingers.”
9. She has a laid-back style. In the interview below, Baldwin talked about her wardrobe choices. She revealed, “My style is pretty laid-back, I just like to be comfortable and look chic.”
10. She wants the boy to make the first move. Baldwin told Wonderland, “…when it comes to boys I think they need to make the first official move.” Though she admits she would make the first move, “on the dance floor.”
Now that you know more about Baldwin, be sure to check Celebuzz every Tuesday to learn 10 things about another teen celeb!