E. L. James’s ‘Grey’ Released: Here Are 10 of Our Favorite Lines From the Book
Christian Grey indulges his inner psychopath in E. L. James’s new novel, and we’ve rounded up our top 10 favorite lines.
The highly-anticipated new book Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as Told by Christian is out and in case you didn’t know, the novel tells the story from Christian’s perspective.
Instead of lighthearted and mild S&M, Ana’s point of view is now the twisted work of an utter psychopath. Early reviews have started coming in, and so far they’re not so great.
…it turns out that Christian Grey isn’t just fifty shades of f***** up, but he’s also about a million different shades of sexist.
He may be “fifty shades of f-cked up” (and a little sexist), but nobody coins one-liners quite like our favorite, twisted billionaire.
Check out our favorites below:
1. “I drag my hand through my hair, and in as even a tone as I can manage I ask, ‘Are you hungry?’/ ‘Not for food,’ she teases. / Whoa. She might as well be addressing my groin.”
2. “It’s a long time since I’ve seen pubic hair up close and personal like this. I tug it gently. ‘Perhaps we’ll keep this.’ Though it’s no good for wax play.”
3. “She smells of Ana and apples and sex.”
4. Which medieval chronicle did you escape from? You sound like a courtly knight.’”
5. “Her sharp intake of breath is music to my d-ck.”
6. “’How would you like your eggs?’” / “ ‘Thoroughly whisked and beaten,’ I reply.”
7. “Incurable romantic who only wears jeans.”
8. “I like to possess things, things that will rise in value, like first editions.”
9. “I do like to keep them guessing how I take my coffee.”
10. “Sometimes it’s just f-cking great to be me.”