Tuesday Teen: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Bella Hadid
Who is Bella Hadid? Meet the 18-year-old whose star is on the rise.
1. She has a famous family. Bella is the younger sister of Gigi Hadid. While some people may know Bella is the sister of model Gigi, most don’t know that she’s actually the younger sister! Bella is 18 and Gigi is 20.
Bella and Gigi’s mom is Yolanda Foster, from The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, and her step-father is music producer David Foster. Two of Bella’s step-sisters are Sara and Erin Foster who have their own VH1 reality show, Barely Famous.
2. She’s a model, too. Just like her older sis, Bella is a budding supermodel. She’s signed with IMG and she’s already booking major jobs. Bella even just landed the cover of V magazine with Gigi.
3. She’s has a famous boyfriend. Bella is rumored to be dating 25-year-old singer The Weeknd. Bella even posted a photo of The Weeknd and her sister Gigi at the MMVAs together. Gigi presented him with an award at the show.
Gigi also posted a photo of herself and The Weeknd, calling him her “brother.”
3. She has a connection to the Jenner family. Bella’s mom is married to David Foster, who was once married to Linda Thompson. Thompson had kids Brandon and Brody Jenner with Caitlyn Jenner (formerly known as Bruce Jenner), who went on to have Kendall and Kylie Jenner with Kris Jenner.
4. She was arrested for DUI. Back in July 2014, when Bella was just 17, she was pulled over on the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, Calif. Bella was driving at 4 a.m. when she allegedly failed to stop at a stop sign and almost got into an accident with a Los Angeles County Sheriff’s patrol car. Reports claim that Bella blew a .14, which is almost double the legal limit. To make matters worse, Bella was driving on a suspended license at the time.
Since then, Bella has moved from Malibu to New York City, started her modeling career and has stayed out of trouble.
5. She has one fashion regret. When asked if she had fashion advice for her younger self, Bella told Popsugar, “I mean, don’t wear leggings so much!”
LOL, check out the interview below.
6. She believes in being kind to everyone. Bella just told V magazine, “No matter if they’re working next to you, below you, or above you, be kind and generous to everyone you meet. Yeah, it’s bizarre because it’s weird for people to be nice these days.”
7. She’s a college student. Bella goes to Parsons The New School for Design, where she’s studying photography. Bella told LuckyShops.com, “I’m studying photography for my major. It’s been really nice because I’ve been shooting photography for as long as I can remember, and I know that some photographers really appreciate when we can talk about it, because I know about cameras and I know about lenses and movement and stuff like that, because I shoot other people, and they’ll fix lighting and I love lighting. So it’s nice to be in front of the camera, which I’m still getting used to, but it’s cool to know about everything on the other side, too.”
8. She’s a nationally ranked equestrian. Bella grew up riding horses, and it taught her a lot of life lessons. Bella told Teen Vogue, “It taught me a lot about responsibility. You’re up at 5:30 a.m. caring for and riding a huge animal. I would be at horse shows by myself for weeks, and I had to make sure I was on my game at all times.”
Watch this video of Bella showing off her riding skills:
9. Her sister is her inspiration. Bella told Style.com, “Honestly, I’m her biggest fan. Every morning I’ll text her—just today, I was like, ‘I’m so proud of you! You’re doing so well.’ She just booked the Vogue Spain cover, and I was like, ‘You’re my inspiration.'”
10. She’s didn’t grow up wanting to be a model. Though she’s having great success in modeling now, she didn’t always want to be in this industry. She told Teen Vogue, “There wasn’t really one time in my life where I was like, I want to be a model!’ It was more Gigi’s thing. I do like being in front of the camera more and more. Having experience behind it has taught me about lighting and angles, how to move, and what looks good and what doesn’t.”