Fifth Harmony, who came together on the second season of The X-Factor, is growing in popularity thanks to their recent hits like “Sledgehammer” and “Worth It.” But, while we might know a lot about the group, how much do we know about Cabello? Not too much!
So, we did some research and found 10 things we think you should know about this 18-year-old. Meet our Tuesday Teen, Cabello.
1. She was born in Cuba. Cabello was born on March 3, 1997 in Cojimar, Cuba. Her family moved around a lot, and at five years old she moved to Mexico. Cabello then moved to Miami, Florida.
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY CHICKENS!! i spent mine with my family in New York City on the east river. my mom got really emotional because she couldn't believe coming from Cuba we would spend a Fourth of July in New York City with a front row seat to the most magical firework show in the country. and then we all breakdanced. *drake voice* STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM NOW THE WHOLE TEAM HERE
2. She learned to speak English on her own. When Cabello moved to Miami, she didn’t speak any English, just Spanish. She learned how to speak English from watching TV.
3. She chose auditioning for The X-Factor over having a Quinceañera. Instead of having a Quinceañera, Cabello decided that she wanted to audition for The X-Factor. In 2012, she auditioned in Greensboro, North Carolina. Originally she auditioned as a solo act, but was cut and then brought back and placed in a girl group, now known as Fifth Harmony. The girls came in third place on the show.
4. She switched to homeschooling. During the 2012-2013 school year, Cabello left High School and switched to homeschooling. She’s since graduated.
5. Ed Sheeran is one of her inspirations. During an interview with The Palmetto Panther, Cabello was asked about her inspirations. She revealed, “I love Emma Watson, Jennifer Lawrence, Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, my family, my sister and our fans! They all make me excited about things.”
6. She has a famous ex-boyfriend. In 2014, it was confirmed that Cabello was dating Austin Mahone. The pair split in Nov. 2014, but Cabello admitted that she doesn’t “regret anything.” She even revealed that Mahone was her “first kiss” and her “first love.” Mahone has since moved on to Becky G.
7. She also has a lot of famous friends. Back in March, Cabello’s friend Swift threw her a birthday party. After Cabello revealed to Swift that she didn’t have birthday plans, she invited Cabello over. She also invited a long list of famous friends like Selena Gomez, Hailee Steinfeld and Jaime King.
there is nothing that feels better than love. nothing feels better than being in a room full of genuine, incredible people giving you so much love. thank you to everyone who came last night for making it so special for me!!!! I LOVE 18. @taylorswift @haileesteinfeld @selenagomez @haimtheband @alexanderdeleon @yelyahwilliams @jaime_king
thank you for the best 18th birthday ever @taylorswift 🙂 you are a real life fairy princess for many reasons. you are magical and rare. #2 you sprinkle fairy dust on others and make them feel loved and special and safe. #3 you are also a rare species, you are caring and well meaning and kind without expecting anything in return. #4 you sparkle like a New York skyline. and #5 you love Elf like all fairies should. i wish i could shout from the rooftops how fun last night was for me and how much love i felt. i am so grateful to call someone like you my friend. thank you for bringing everyone together and making last night so special!!!!!!!! PS DISCLAIMER: CHICKEN AND WAFFLES TASTE EVEN BETTER WHEN YOURE 18!!!
8. She can play the guitar. Watch this video of Cabello singing “Riptide” while playing the guitar.
9. She didn’t sing in front of people until going on X-Factor. In the video below, Cabello reveals that she used to sing in her bathroom, and wouldn’t even let her mom hear her sing!
10. She can’t help but get excited when she hears her song on the radio. When Cabello was out to dinner with her BFF Swift, they heard “Worth It” on the radio. See what happened:
We hope you learned a lot about Cabello! Check back next week for more Tuesday Teen!