Tuesday Ten: 10 Ways to Rock Menswear-Inspired Fashion
After the first ever New York Men’s Fashion Week last week, we were feeling a little inspired…
While this may only seem possible for a size two actress to pull off, it’s actual quite simple for all of us normal-sized ladies, too! From boyfriend blazers to tailored trousers, oversized graphic tees to loafers, there are so many ways to add a piece of menswear to your look.
Here’s some inspiration:
1. Classic Button Down – Rails. You can pair this with anything – from a pair of jeans to a fitted pair of trousers, a leather skirt or a pair of sweats!
2. Loafers – Aerosoles. Loafers add a super chic touch to a pair of ripped jeans with a loose tee.
3. Chunky Gold Watch – Guess. If you don’t have a big, gold watch, you’re seriously missing out on the best accessory you’ve ever had.
4. Boyfriend Blazer – Bardot. Whether you wear it to the office or going out for a drink, a chic and sleek boyfriend blazer is a must-have in your closet.
5. Overized Blazer Vest – Missguided. Sleeveless blazers are all the rage right now, and they’ll continue to be through fall. Throw it on over a pair of jeans or a dress for the perfect, chic touch.
6. Muscle Tee – Ksubi. Because you can never have enough oversized tees and tanks.
7. Trousers – TJ Maxx. A pair of fitted trousers show you mean business. They will make you feel and look totally confident.
8. Structured Bag – Botkier. Like a brief case or satchel, a structured and simple bag adds a masculine touch to your look.
9. Plaid Shirt – Rails. We know plaid shirts aren’t going anywhere anytime soon, and we’re glad about it! They’re the perfect edgy addition to any look.
10. Joggers – BooHoo. We love ourselves a good pair of joggers – they’re comfortable and cute, but not as sloppy as sweatpants.
So there you have it – lots of ways to rock menswear-inspired fashion… Now will you dare to do it??