Tuesday Ten: Back-to-School Fashion Statements
While summer is definitely the best time of year, there’s always a little excitement looking forward to the start of school and the changing of seasons – mostly because it’s an excuse to go shopping!
From printed sneakers to bucket bags, plaid on plaid (again!) to statement shirts, there are some seriously amazing trends hitting the racks for fall and back-to-school fashion this year.
So in honor of us putting away our beach bags and packing up our school supplies, let’s check out 10 fabulous trends to send you on your merry way:
1. Ankle Booties – Shoe Buy. You can never go wrong with a good pair of ankle booties for fall! Not only are they good for the cooler weather, but they go with absolutely anything – dresses, skirts, jeans, you name it.
2. Corduroy Skirt – Missguided. Corduroy (just like many other 90s trends) is back! And this mauve mini is the perfect way to incorporate it into your style.
3. Leather Moto Jacket – Black Orchid. Of course, you can’t go wrong with a good leather jacket to pair with your outfits as the weather cools down.
4. Plaid Mini – Marshalls. Plaid is also back again this year! Make a daring statement by rocking a plaid mini… Just try to stay away from looking too much like Cher Horowitz!
5. Faux Fur Vest – Dynamite. A faux fur vest looks adorable with a mini dress and knee-high boots or a pair of jeans and a white tee. Make sure you have one hanging in your closet as we get deeper into fall.
6. Fringe Sandals – South Moon Under. Fringe is all the rage this year! Add a fun touch to your style with a pair of fringed sandals.
7. Bucket Bag – TJ Maxx. Another 90s style making its way back into our lives: the bucket bag! I’m obsessed with this deep red one.
8. Bell-Sleeve Romper – Tbagslosangeles. Since the weather will stay warm for a few more months, a short, bell-sleeved romper is a perfect way to transition into from summer to fall.
9. Printed Tennies – Shoe Buy. If you haven’t noticed already, celebs are rocking tennis shoes everywhere! These printed snakeskin slip-ons will match with everything and add a chic twist to plain tennies.
10. Statement Tee – Lauren Moshi. You can never go wrong with your go-to statement tee for lazy days or those moments you’re rushing to class and can’t find anything to wear. Fun fact: Kourtney Kardashian owns this one!