Tuesday Ten: Cute Back-to-School Supplies You Didn’t Know You Needed
Dun-dun-dun! Back-to-school season is officially upon us.
While it may be a bit tough to get back to reality, you can take comfort that your school year doesn’t have to be dull and boring. That’s right: you actually don’t have to sacrifice fun just because you’re hitting the books!
Add a little pizazz to your back-to-school style by including some super chic accessories that are both cute and useful in the classroom. From gorgeous notebooks to a pocket-sized pouch with all your day-to-day essentials, here are 10 fabulous and ingenious things you didn’t know you need on your school supplies list:
1. Necklace Pen — 1928. There’s a reason why the ever-so-fashionable Christina Hendricks wears one of these on Mad Men. Channel your inner Joan Holloway and make sure you’re never too far from a pen with this uber useful necklace.
2. Wearable Speakers — BiGR Audio. Why carry around your speakers when you can wear them on your wrist? Connect the Wristboom to your tablet or smartphone using Bluetooth and you’re good to go for a walk to school. Fun fact: celebrities like Gina Rodriguez and Skylar Astin were all given one of these bad boys backstage during the 2015 Teen Choice Awards!
3. Safety Alarm Keychain — BlingSting. Campus safety has never looked better. Not only does this adorable charm add a little sparkle to your keys, but it also
double triple duties as a safety alarm and LED flashlight. Press its panic button to activate a super loud siren that alerts all those around you when you’re in trouble. (You’re welcome, worried parents.)
4. Mrs. Ryan Gosling Pencils — Ohh Deer. Let Ryan Gosling be the lucky charm for all your exams. Fill in your Scantron cards and declare your love for the hottest man alive at the same time with these adorable pencils!
5. Portable Power Bank — Ventev. Can’t find an outlet in your classroom? Here’s the answer to all your dead battery problems. Slimmer than an iPhone, this sleek power bank also has a built-in charger so you don’t have to tot around an extra wire.
7. Pretty Notebooks — Rifle Paper Co. Nothing says back-to-school quite like buying a brand new stack of notebooks. We love how this design helps us brush up on our French. Très chic!
8. Mini Emergency Kit — Pinch Provisions. Perfect to throw into your locker or backpack, this pouch made exclusively for Sephora includes last-minute lifesavers like deodorant, tampons, lip balm, clear nail polish, and a mini sewing kit to get you out of any beauty predicament. It’s so useful that even Taylor Swift bought one for her BFF!
9. Hair Tie Bracelet — Kitsch. YAASS! Someone has finally invented a hair tie that won’t ruin your perfectly co-ordinated arm party. This leather ponytail holder doubles as a fashionable bracelet, which makes the transition from class to the gym as easy as 1-2-3.
10. Earphone Splitter — Kikkerland. Gone are the days when you need to share your earbuds with your friends. Shaped like a tree branch, this three-way splitter allows you to listen to music with not one, but two other pals and their headphones. Just plug this into any device with a standard stereo jack and turn any study hall into an impromptu Netflix session. We promise we won’t tattletale!