Regardless if you love them or hate them, you can’t deny that the Kardashians and Jenners have really good hair.
FromKim Kardashian‘s signature dark locks toKylie Jenner‘s plethora of colorful ‘dos, the Keeping Up With the Kardashians clan’s strong hair game has been the talk of the town ever since they made their reality TV debut. So, what’s their secret?
Seeing how there are hoards of people willing to drop hundreds of dollars just to learn their beauty tricks, we did a little digging to see just what they use on their hair. Surprisingly, most of these products are quite affordable and can be found at a local drugstore!
Without further adieu, here are 10 things the famous family uses on their tresses:
1. Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo for Brunettes, $23. According to Kylie’s “so down” list on her website, she is obsessed with this dry shampoo made specifically for people with dark hair. In fact, she has “has an entire drawer full of this amazing dry shampoo in [her] glam room.”
2. Pssst! Instant Dry Shampoo, $7. If you’re not willing to splurge a little on hair products, Khloé Kardashian‘s go-to dry shampoo is none other than this drugstore find. “I’m like a connoisseur of dry shampoo, so I’m really picky,” she told Into the Gloss earlier this year. “Jen [Atkin] will kill me, but one of my favorites is Pssst! When she’s not with me, I put it all in my hair even though it makes it look white.”
3. Kardashian Beauty Take 2 Dry Conditioner, $15. Of course, it’s not a Kardashian-approved beauty products list without including actual products from their own brand! For Khloé, she swears by their dry conditioner. “It smells really fresh and good. It’s different from a dry shampoo—it’s good when you have bigger, frizzier hair because it adds a sheen to it even though it’s not as heavy as an oil,” she told Into the Gloss.
4. Oribe Texturizing Spray, $44. Self proclaimed dry shampoo expert Khloé also says layering this award-winning Oribe spray helps make her hair smell better. It’s such a glam squad staple that the Kardashians’ longtime hairstylist claims she always has it in her kit.
5. Moroccanoil Shampoo and Conditioner, $39. As someone who styles her hair often, Kylie uses this super hydrating shampoo and conditioner to keep her colored hair in tip-top shape. “I used to wash my hair every day, then people told me that wasn’t good for your hair, so now I try for every other day,” she told the New York Times. “I like the Moroccanoil shampoo and conditioner.”
6. Herbal Essence Body Envy Shampoo and Conditioner, $8. Who knew one of the world’s highest-paid models relies on a drugstore shampoo for ultra shiny hair? The paparazzi discovered Kendall Jenner‘s beauty secret when they snapped her picking up a bottle of Herbal Essence. According to the catwalk queen, she loves the product “because it smells amazing!”
7. Joico K-Pak Reconstructor,
$17 $10. Kourtney Kardashian is a fan of Joico’s famous K-PAK line and turns to it whenever she wants to add shine to her tresses. “Once a week I try to do a mask on my hair,” she wrote on her blog in 2012. “My favorite one is K-PAK by Joico. I am absolutely OBSESSED with the way it smells! It reminds me of Hawaii or something.”
8. Olaplex Hair Perfector,
$195 $79. For Kim, she relies on Olaplex to prevent her hair from getting damaged. “When your hair is really damaged, if you sleep in that, it really works,” she told the crowd during a 2015 beauty class with longtime makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic. “I notice a huge difference!”
9. Fekkai Glossing Crème, $18. Kourtney attributes her luscious locks to hair guru Frederic Fekkai‘s amazing beauty line. “I love Frederic Fekkai products, especially their shampoo and conditioner,” she told Talking Makeup in 2011. “I don’t like to use hair styling products unless someone else is doing my hair.” When Atkin lost her hair kit during a flight to Chicago in 2015, the Kardashian hairstylist also turned to the Fekkai Glossing Crème found at a local Walgreens to give Khloé some irresistible beach waves.
10. Kylie Hair Kouture by Bellami, $280. Kylie’s hair has become so enviable that she’s even released her own line of extensions. Ranging from a natural-looking chestnut brown to the teen’s famous teal ombre ‘do, this collection allows fans to recreate Kylie’s swoon-worthy looks (for a pretty penny, of course).