WATCH: Kevin Hart Is Barely David Beckham’s Better Half in H&M ‘Modern Essentials’ Campaign
Comedian Kevin Hart is David Beckham’s latest and greatest mentee in the Modern Essentials campaign video for H&M. Hart is everything that you could ask for in a sartorial Karate Kid—committed, diligent, the overeager species of teacher’s pet, embracing Becks to a mint tea (with honey!) perhaps a little too hard.
1. Beckham styled himself for the H&M video shoot using only pieces from his exclusive collection.
“Why not make it easy for yourself?”
2. Hart made him laugh as he tried to impersonate a British accent, but Coco the bulldog is the true star of his campaign.
He tells Yahoo! Style that the weirdest thing is, “That bulldog is called Coco. And my bulldog is also called Coco. But my dog will never win an Oscar, and this dog might. She is unbelievable.”
3. He believes that he is “quietly intelligent”.
“I’ve got some friends from my playing days that are very intelligent, in a scholarly way,” he says. “I wouldn’t say I’m one of them. But I also wouldn’t say I’m stupid, at all.”
4. He is to blame/praise for his daughter Harper’s lustrous locks.
“About a year ago, my wife said, “Maybe we should cut Harper’s hair.” And I was like, “No! We need to grow it. Do. Not. Touch.”
5. He is Jewish, but does not actively practice Judaism.
“I’m proud of where my granddad is from,” he says. “But I don’t practice any religion, really.”
6. His best dish is fresh pasta and ragout sauce.
“I make the pasta by hand, the dough and everything. It’s my best dish.”
7. He wears his underwear more than once. (A crucial piece of trivia.)
8. He and Victoria Beckham respect each other’s fashion choices—barring a suit jacket that he chose with a pink bra hanging out of the pocket.
“She saw it, and said, “No, sorry, definitely not.” So that one got returned.”
9. But he thinks Vicky looks best in jeans and Stan Smith sneakers.
A photo posted by Victoria Beckham (@victoriabeckham) on
Watch Kevin Hart do his best to emulate David Beckham in the video featured at the top of the page!