WATCH: Trevor Noah Sabers Alleged Racist ‘Star Wars’ Trolls on ‘The Daily Show’

Calm down, you should.

While John Boyega was too busy flipping over couches about how insane the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer looks, social media trolls were up to no good on Twitter.

In what is now being deemed a 4Chan ploy by Mashable, the hashtag #BoycottStarWarsVII began trending on Monday in response to the release of Star Wars’ trailer. While outrage ensued over racist implications of the Twitter trend that criticized the film’s use of a black leading actor, social media analytics firm Fizziology broke down a relevant sample of the hashtag to determine its sources. The study concluded that 94% of the tweeters were “merely expressing outrage over its existence” while the remaining 6% were “racist trolls trying to get people mad”.

Still, the inkling of racism was enough to illicit a response from Twitter users, specifically Star Wars director JJ Abrams:

 

Trevor Noah was also disturbed by the trend and decided to address it in a segment on Tuesday’s The Daily Show. “What’s wrong with a black Stormtrooper?,” Noah asks. “He’s an alien from a galaxy far, far away. He’s more worried about [the Star Wars empire] than this Empire,” displaying a poster from the TV series Empire.

The Daily Show’s Senior Fantasy Culture Correspondent Jordan Klepper explains to Noah that it’s ethically fine to cast a black person in Star Wars. “Science fiction is powerful because it envisions a future for all of us,” he says. “It’s an allegory for the people that we can become.”

Watch the clip from The Daily Show in the video featured at the top of the page.