Here Are Khloé and Kim Kardashian’s Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
Revenge is a dish best served cold, but friendly sibling rivalry comes in the form of mac n’ cheese.
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, Khloé Kardashian has shared her recipe for the macaroni and cheese she served last year — and will undoubtedly cook this year as she hosts the holiday dinner again — on her website. While the cheesy dish made with sharp cheddar and Velveeta sounds delicious and all, there’s just one catch: sister Kim Kardashian also has her own recipe for the same family supper staple.
Khloé and younger sis Kylie Jenner have already been talking smack about each other’s sweet potato soufflés on Twitter, so we have no doubt Khloé’s “bomb” macaroni and cheese is a worthy opponent of Kim’s recipe as the family’s go-to meal.
@KylieJenner you are going down on things giving! The cook off is real my friend!!!!!
— Khloé (@khloekardashian) November 24, 2015
So, whose comfort food fare reigns supreme? This Thanksgiving, we challenge you all to a cook-off to test which macaroni and cheese is the tastiest. The recipes are below (and unsurprisingly, both includes tons of cheese). Happy eating!
- 1 16 oz. bag of macaroni
- 3 eggs
- 1 bag of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 box of Velveeta, cut into cubes
- 1 stick of butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup of milk
- Butter flavor PAM Spray
- 1/2 teaspoon of Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Boil noodles using instructions on package. Drain and pour cooked noodles in a large mixing bowl. Add your eggs, butter and milk, and stir.
- Sprinkle each seasoning from one side of bowl to the other side and stir in. Next, add your Velveeta and 75 percent of your shredded cheese and stir.
- Spray a 1 qt. glass baking dish with PAM (butter-flavor), pour contents of bowl into the dish and even it out with your spoon. Cover the top of your noodles by sprinkling the rest of the shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered in oven for 25 minutes. Take out when top is bubbly and golden brown.
Kim’s Super Cheesy Macaroni and Cheese
As found in Kris Jenner’s cookbook, In the Kitchen with Kris: A Kollection of Kardashian-Jenner Family Favorites. Serves 6.
- 6 tablespoon of unsalted butter, plus softened butter for the baking dish
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of dry mustard powder
- 3 cups whole milk, heated
- ½ yellow onion, shredded on the large holes of a box grater
- ½ teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 oz. pasteurized processed cheese, such as Velveeta, cubed
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the elbow macaroni and cook according to the package directions until al dente. Do not overcook the macaroni as it will soften when baked. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, melt 3 tbsp. butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and the dry mustard. Reduce the heat to low and let cook, but do not brown, whisking often, for 2 minutes. Whisk in the hot milk, being sure the mixture is smooth. Whisk in the shredded onion, paprika, bay leaf and bring to a simmer over medium heat, whisking often. Raise the heat to medium low and simmer, whisking often, until the sauce is slightly reduced and the consistency of thick heavy cream, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Mix the Velveeta, cheddar, goat cheese, Gruyere, mozzarella and parmesan together in a medium bowl. Add three quarts of the cheese mixture to the sauce. Let stand for 1 minute, then stir until the cheeses melt. Season with salt and pepper to fast. Stir in the beaten eggs and mix well. Add the macaroni and mix well. Spread in the prepared baking dish and top with the remaining cheese mixture.
- Melt the remaining 3 tbsp. butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the panko and stir well. Sprinkle evenly over the macaroni mixture. Bake until the sauce is bubbling around the edges and the topping is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve hot.