Tuesday Ten: 10 Dresses You Need to Survive the Holiday Season
Don’t sacrifice style for comfort — or warmth! — this winter.
From Christmas parties to family functions, this holiday season has plenty of opportunities to dress up. To help you get into the fashionable spirit, here are some of our favorite frocks for any occasion. Not only are these dresses aren’t only stylish and chic, but they’re all also super affordable.
Here are 10 pieces that’ll help you survive anything the holidays will throw at you.
1. Tom’s Ware Bodycon Midi Dress, $19. Look on any red carpet and you’ll see at least one celebrity rocking the bodycon trend. Opt for solid colors — like this plum shade — for a look that you can wear to a cocktail party or a winter wedding.
2. Awesome21 Flannel Shirt Dress, $36. Plaid has almost become synonymous with the colder months. Keep warm and stay stylish with a flannel shirt dress.
3. JustFab Easy Sequin Dress, $49. Add some sparkle to your wardrobe. This sequin frock is great for New Year’s Eve parties.
4. BooHoo Antonette Shift Dress, $32. Winter is the perfect time to rock a fabric like leather. We’re totally digging this faux leather LBD.
5. Kendall + Kylie at Forever New Ria Mesh Crop Top and Kate Mesh Zip Pencil Skirt, $100 and $120. For those who want to off a little skin, a two-piece is the way to go. Just ask Kendall and Kylie Jenner, who created this winter white crop top and skirt with Forever New.
6. TopShop Moto Cord Pinafore Dress, $75. Your fifth grade corduroy overalls just got a chic upgrade. Pair this suspender dress with knitted sweater or turtleneck for a cute daytime outfit.
7. Choies Jersey Dress, $15. Traveling for the holidays can be a hassle, so a jersey dress like this one is a great wardrobe staple that you can quickly throw into your suitcase. It’s versatile and lightweight, making it the fashion piece you can wear to just about anywhere and everywhere.
8. H&M Jacquard-Knit Dress, $34. Nothing is cozier than a thick knitted sweater. Throw this on with a pair of tights and cute booties and you’re basically good to go.
9. Tipsy Elves Teddy Bear Sweater Dress, $64. There are high chances are that someone you know will be throwing an ugly Christmas sweater party this year. Get into the festive mood and up the ante with an ugly Christmas sweater dress.
10. Backless Lace Gown, $31. Feeling fancy? This floor-length dress works well for those classier soirees.