Tuesday Ten: 10 Beauty Products You Need to Try This Winter Season
New year, new you.
With 2016 in full swing, now’s the time to put your best face forward. Whether you’re into detoxing or just trying to find a hydrating lotion that’ll get you through those harsh winter months, these beauty essentials will have your back and then some!
Here are 10 products you should try this season:
1. ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip Stain, $6. Looking for a lipstick that can sustain multiple cups of hot coffee? Try this lightweight but pigment-rich formula from ColourPop! Pro tip: Clueless, Beeper, and Limbo (seen above) are said to be almost exact dupes of Kylie Jenner’s sold-out lip kits. At less than $10 a pop, these liquid lipsticks are the perfect substitutions that won’t break your bank. Heck, even Jenner herself is a fan of the “bomb ass” brand!
2. Bröö Invigorating Shampoo and Conditioner, $7. Nope, we’re not drunk. You can totally use beer to clean your hair and Bröö has figured out a way to wash your tresses without drying out the scalp. Their craft-beer based detoxifying shampoo and conditioner are great for those whose manes need a do-over. Best part of all? The peppermint oil scent will definitely wake you up (and maybe clear your stuffed-up sinuses, too).
3. Kiehl’s Blue Herbal Gel Cleanser, $21. Khloé Kardashian says she turns to this purifying cleanser when she’s taking off her makeup. Formulated with cinnamon bark and ginger root extracts, the facial wash throughly cleans pores and removes oil and residue that can cause acne breakouts. The formula is also non-drying, making it a great cleaning agent for the face during the harsh winter.
4. Milani Baked Powder Blush, $7. A dewy, rosy cheek is a super hassle-free way to face the day. Makeup artists have used this powder blush on the likes of Jenna Dewan-Tatum. We love the added gold shimmer in Milani’s formula that adds a touch of gold for a overall sun-kissed complexion.
5. Joico K-Pak Reonstructor,
$17 $9. Damaged hair is so last year. Your locks will be able to hold its on against any dry winds after it’s been revitalized by this repair treatment. The reconstructing cream can add shine and strength to dry and dull hair regardless of length or texture. Kourtney Kardashian is reportedly “obsessed” with it.
6. Mario Bedescu Protective Day Cream, $18. Celebrities like Rachel Bilson and Natalie Portman swear by products from Mario Bedescu. Lightweight and soothing, the brand’s Protective Day Cream is suitable for those with sensitive skin and protects the face from cold and dry climates.
7. Eve Lom Kiss Mix, $22. This moisturizing balm will keep your pucker soft and kissable for Valentine’s Day. Ideal for men or women, the treatment can be used alone, under lipstick, or over any lip color for an added sheen.
8. ZO Skin Health Oclipse SPF 30 Sunscreen & Primer, $65. Don’t let the snow fool you into thinking that you don’t need sun protection. Defend your skin from harmful UV rays by applying a little bit on sunscreen before going outside. Slightly tinted with a silky matte finish, this face primer from ZO Health by skincare expert Zein Obagi is great on its own or under foundation. It can also be purchased at the Obagi Skin Health Institute.
9. Equitance Brightening Serum & Spot Corrector, $125. Liv Tyler maintains her flawless coplexion using Equitance’s skincare line. Her makeup artist, Matin Maulawizada, says, “Liv loves the brightening products. It doesn’t dry out her skin like most brightening products. She’s been using them and is loving the results for that purpose.”
10. Sole Serum, $19. Never sacrifice comfort for style again! Sole Serum’s formula targets any foot pain caused by stilettos or any other cute shoes that are doing a number on your heels. Made with Lidocaine and natural oils, it’ll brings down swelling and soothes your nerves. Basically, it’s a lifesaver any time fancy footwear is required.