Kanye West Goes on Legendary Rant Against Wiz Khalifa, then Deletes It Because He Loves the World
When your Twitter rant is longer than your album’s tracklist…
ICYMI, Kanye West changed the name of his album for the third time on Tuesday night from Swish to Waves. In fact, it was consecrated in Sharpie. People were mostly fine with it, except rapper Wiz Khalifa who took to issue with the title’s similarity of the movement initiated by incarcerated rapper Max B.
“Please don’t take the wave,” Wiz began.
Max B is the wavy one. He created the wave. There is no wave without him.
— KOE (@wizkhalifa) January 27, 2016
West sent his regards.
Wiz was not convinced and decided to take it one step further by suggesting that West “hit this KK and become yourself”. West assumed that these initials were referring to his wife Kim Kardashian, and all hell broke loose.
In a now-deleted rant, West laid down the law in a 17-step process to coming correct [quotes via the deleted tweets, sic]:
- “Bro first of all you stole your whole shit from Cudi”
- “Second, your first single was corny as f*ck and most there after”
Interlude: “You have distracted from my creative process. I went to look at your twitter and you were wearing cool pants. I screen grabbed those pants and sent it to my style team #Wizwearscoolpants.”
- “3rd no one I know has ever listened to one of your albums all the way through”
- “4th you let a stripper trap you”
- “5th I know you mad everytime you look at your child that this girl got you for 18 years”
- “6th don’t ever come out the side of your neck at me”
- “7th I am your OG and I will be respected as such”
- “8th I made it so we could wear tight jeans”
- “9th me and Cudi created this shit”
- “10th don’t you ever in your f*cking life speak sideways about a n***a that’s fighting for us I do this for all of us”
- “11th I showed you respect as a man when I met you”
- “12th You wouldn’t have a child if it wasn’t for me”
- “13th You own waves???? I own your child!!!”
- “14th N***a it’s called creativity #youshouldtryitsomeday”
- “15th N***a I tried to call you and you changed your number”
- “16th don’t even hint at mentioning me my family or my wife I am your OG”
- “17th I think you dress cool I wish I was skinny and tall”
Afterthought: “maybe I couldn’t be skinny and tall but I’ll settle for being the greatest artist of all time as a consolation”
Conclusion: “Don’t ever ever ever come out the side of your mutherf*cking neck bro or bruh or however you say it Mr. Waves”
Epilogue: “I’m YE and I ain’t gotta say it the right way I’m Ye I’m Ye I’m Ye I’m Ye I’m Ye I’m Ye I’m Ye”
The Final Plug: “Thank you for the extra promotion #WAVES available February 11th” West deleted his rant moments after he wrapped up because,
I love the world bottom line and all I want is peace and positive energy
— KANYE WEST (@kanyewest) January 27, 2016
“The Devil can’t stop us,” he wrote from “the lab with Ian Connor“.
Post-Game Commentary from Amber Rose:
West notes that Khalifa lost 2 million followers since his rant. “I didn’t mean to [sic] either him like that,” West repented.
On the bright side, it was a teaching moment for all of us.
Launch the gallery at the top of the page to view photos of West showing off his pretty phone to the press.