Tuesday Ten: 10 Fashion Must-Haves for Spring 2016
New season, new style.
With winter almost coming to an end, now’s the time to rethink your wardrobe for warmer weather. Plenty of fashion trends have recently sprung up from the Spring 2016 fashion week runways, forecasting what’s to come in the fashion world for the months ahead.
From ’70s-inspired clothing to bare shoulders, here are 10 must-have styles you should try out this spring.
1. Joe B Cream Crochet Maxi, $28. Nothing says spring like a crisp white dress in a light fabric! A long maxi is perfect for those days when the weather’s not quite warm enough for short-shorts. We’ve seen this similar style on the always-fashionable Jennifer Lawrence.
2. Endless Summer ChaCha Crop Top, $69. Bare shoulders dominated fashion week runways this season. Givenchy, Proenza Schouler, Jason Wu, and Derek Lam all featured looks that showed off the erogenous zone. We’re totally digging this fun and flirty off-shoulder top that was seen on Kendall Jenner last year!
3. Topshop Belted Sleeveless Jacket, $95. It’s time to put that heavy winter jacket away. Kylie Jenner recommends adding a sleeveless coat — like this structured one — into your springtime wardrobe. “I love a good jacket, and I don’t let warmer temperatures get in the way,” she writes on her app. “Instead, I just wear lighter coats.”
4. Herschel Supply Co. Dawson Daybreak Backpack, $100. Whether you’re heading to class or Coachella, a backpack is the chicest way to carry all of your essentials. Herschel Supply Co. has recently released the Dawn Collection, a line of bags and apparel made with vibrant straw tapestry, premium leather, polished brass hardware, and custom cotton finishes. Margot Robbie is said to be a huge fan of the brand.
5. Beija-Flor Nicole Bootcut Jeans, $168. Who said flared pants were out of style? Coach and Alicia+Olivia all featured the boho look on their runways as part of the resurgence of ’70s style. Celebrities such as Viola Davis swear by these jeans made from Brazilian denim and masterfully produced to contour to the hips and thighs of curvier women.
6. Boohoo Adina Bralet and Midi Skirt Co-Ord Set, $40. The pleats trend we saw in fall are still going strong well into spring. This two-piece in rose quartz, Pantone’s Color of the Year of 2016, is a great way to rock this style for the new season.
7. ShoeDazzle Galya Heels, $39.95. Okay, this isn’t a new trend to try as much it’s a closet staple every girl should have in her closet. Stuart Weitzman’s iconic “Nudist” sandals are the go-to for fashionistas like Kim Kardashian and Diane Kruger simply because the heels look amazing with virtually any outfit. For those of us who may not be able to afford designer shoes, these equally swoon-worthy stilettos are just as stylish for a fraction of the cost.
8. C. Wonder “Bee Happy” Embroidered Suede Loafers,
$88 $79.84. Forget florals! For spring, go for something unexpected like an animal or insect design instead. Made exclusively for QVC, these adorably punny flats are from a new collection helmed by Brad Goreski.
9. JustFab Fil Bucket Bag, $39.95. Every person who has owned a bucket bag will tell you that it’s the perfect get-up-and-go purse. Large enough to carry your things but compact enough to work as a nighttime handbag, it basically handles any situation you put it through. We’re personally head-over-heels for this cognac-colored carrier.
10. Hat Attack Fedora, $125. UV rays are no joke. Shade yourself from the sun in style with a wide-brimmed hat. A clean white fedora is not only chic, it’ll also keep your head cool during those sunnier days.