The Celebuzz’d Podcast, Episode 002: Sam Smith Should Have Been Steve Harvey’d
Steve Harvey: Awards show contraception.
It’s episode two of the Celebuzz podcast, which means that our editor-in-chief did not yet shut us down for drinking on the job. This week, Mia Lardiere and her panel of editors, Matt Russoniello and Jelani Addams Rosa, recount the biggest show moments from the 2016 Academy Awards, including Lady Gaga’s slayagé and Sam Smith’s junior varsity attempt at representing the LGBTQ community, which caused backlash from multiple angles.
But first, get comfortable. Take off your shoes and make yourself a cocktail using the Santa Margherita prosecco that we drank on this week’s show. Click here to get the recipe for a refreshing Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade, made with prosecco, lemon and muddled raspberries. While you’re at it, order your copy of Chrissy Teigen’s cookbook, Cravings, and make a batch of her supreme Chicken Lettuce Wraps that we taste-tested on the show. Whip up her Creamy Queso with Chorizo if you’re feeling daring, but be warned: Its main ingredient is Velveeta cheese.
Here are the stories we talked about in the Kardashian Kountdown:
- Kris Jenner momager’d Kanye West on Ellen by explaining his “debt” and supporting the idea of having him grounded from using social media.
- Kim Kardashian revealed that she and Kanye played “Heart and Soul” on the FAO Schwarz piano, like in the movie Big.
- Khloé Kardashian alleges that the OJ Simpson trial caused him to have throat cancer due to the fact that he was holding in so many secrets..
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kylie Jenner hung out with Rob Kardashian’s ex-girlfriend, Adrienne Bailon.
- Rob posted a gross quote on Instagram in response, and established an aesthetic for his account with the use of a weird video app.
And in non-Kardashian news:
- The Lonely Island’s movie title and poster are here, in case you were feeling too good about the future of film.
- Chris Rock held nothing back as the host of the #OscarsSoWhite
- Leonardo DiCaprio finally snagged his first Academy Award after wrestling a bear
- Lady Gaga made art despite poor camera work
- Sam Smith won an Oscar and then defecated on his moment by misattributing LGBT history. He was called out on his error and continued to flop all the way into an inevitable social media silence.