Out with the old and in with the new!
With winter coming to an end, now’s the time to put your best face forward. Spring is not only a good time to restore whatever damage the older months did to your skin and hair, but it’s also the season to try new trends for the year.
From fresh and bold lip colors to makeup that’ll protect you on sunnier days, here are 10 beauty products you need to try this spring.
1. ISH Contour Kit, $32. Don’t be intimated by contouring! Thanks to celebrity makeup artist Joey Maalouf and lifestyle brand FabFitFun, sculpting your face has never been easier thanks to their new all-in-one palette from their new makeup line, ISH. Made in the U.S. and cruelty free, the kit includes a highlighter, blush, bronzer, and contour and is suitable for those with light, medium or dark skin tones. Pro tip: Subscribers to FabFitFun will receive this in their Spring 2016 box.
2. It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream with SPF 50+, $38. Skin little dry from the winter weather? Cheeks a little red from a Spring Break sunburn? Whatever the case may be, a CC cream will do wonders for your face. Lighter than foundation, this “color correct” balm with cover up blemishes while hydrating your skin and protecting it from harmful UV rays. Best of all? You can wear this as-is or under makeup for a fuller coverage.
3. Amanda Blakley Skincare Moisturizer, $20. Moisturizing is key during any season, but especially important right after winter. We’re totally digging this lightweight spray that you can just spritz on your face throughout the day.
4. Jouvé Tightening and Restoring Serum, $85. Khloé Kardashian is right: You don’t always need plastic surgery to change your look. This splurge-worthy serum will instant help reduce fine lines and wrinkles for a smoother complexion. Seriously, you can feel your skin tightening within minutes of putting it on. Bye bye, botox!
5. Briogeo Blossom & Bloom Ginseng + Biotin Volumizing Shampoo, $22. Nothing says spring quite like florals! This new shampoo not only smells like a lush garden, but also strengthens and encourage new hair growth.
6. Trust Fund Beauty Lipgasm Lipstick in Obnoxious Request, $15. The vegan beauty brand is expanding its empire with a new line of lipstick perfect for the new season. From rich purples to a peachy nude that rivals Kylie Jenner‘s sold out lip kit, the highly pigmented colors from the recently-released collection are simply to die for! Our favorite? A bold pink called Obnoxious Request.
7. Essie Nail Polish in Sugar Daddy, $8.50. Pastels are always a safe bet for spring. For those looking for a new polish color for any occasion, this shimmery sheer pink does the trick just fine.Cate Blanchett and Tina Fey both wore this shade to the 2016 Academy Awards.
8. Gallany Lucite Lip Gloss in Honestly, $18. You know you’re in good hands when your lip gloss is made by a woman who was a master chemist for Max Factor. Ida Gál-Csiszar, who has decades of makeup manufacturing experience under her belt, just launched her own brand of cosmetics. We recommend her new lip gloss, which provides long-lasting coverage without being too sticky.
9. Nu Skin Epoch Sole Solution, $39.90. Sandals season is just around the corner! Get rid of dry and cracked skin with this feet-friendly lotion made from crushed allspice berry used by indigenous people in the rainforests of Central America.
10. Bioderma Sensibio H20, $12.95. A favorite in Europe since the 70s, this skincare brand is finally making its way to the United States. Their most sought-after product, the Bioderma Sensibio H20, is so popular that it’s said one bottle is sold every three seconds worldwide. Hypoallergenic and fragrance-free, the cleanser is strong enough to remove eye and face makeup but so gentle that it can be used as a toner without rinsing.
Shop more beauty products below.