Details of Prince‘s final days are beginning to surface.
TMZ reports that Prince overdosed on Percocet prior to his death in such an amount that EMT responders had to administer a “save shot” in the airport where his plane made an emergency landing to save his life. The singer’s camp told medics that he had taken the painkiller after his concert in Atlanta on Thursday, Apr. 14, which caused the incident mid-air.
Prince allegedly began taking highly-addictive painkillers for a hip problem, for which he had corrective surgery in 2010. As previously reported, he visited the local Walgreens four times in the week leading up to his death where he appeared “agitated, waiting for someone to bring out his meds”.
Launch the gallery at the top of the page to see how fans across the world honored Prince on the night of his passing.