Tuesday Ten: 10 Travel Essentials for the Vacation of Your Dreams
Adventure is out there!
Whether you’re catching a flight or hitting the road, it’s always good to be prepared for whatever life throws at you. From sturdy luggage for your wardrobe to electronic gadgets that’ll keep you entertained for hours, we have exactly what every nomad needs for their next getaway.
As you plan for your next vacation, be sure to pack these essentials to make your trip a breeze. Here are our 10 favorite must-haves for traveling!
1. Ban.do The Getaway Passport Holder, $24. Any worldly traveller will tell you that it’s vital to always have your passport on hand. Keep your documents safe in a stylish case — like this floral-printed one that also has additional slots for ID and credit cards!
2. Happy Plugs Rose Gold Earbuds, $29.99. Don’t waste luggage space with bulky headphones. Instead, opt for earbuds that you can throw into any bag or pocket. Camila Alves has been spotted wearing this exact pair while on a flight to Los Angeles.
3. Ventev ChargeSync Alloy Cable, $29.99. Rose gold all day! This four-foot charging cable not only looks great next to you smartphone, but it’ll also withstand the test of time thanks to a braided high tensile wrap that will stop wires from fraying.
4. S’Well Stainless Steel Water Bottle, $35. You may not be able to take water past TSA agents, but you can always bring an empty bottle to fill up and take with you on the plane. This thermos-like canteen can keep drinks cold for 24 hours and hot beverages warm for up to 12 hours. It’s so cool — pardon the pun — that even Kaley Cuoco says she’s “#ObssessedWithThisBottle.”
5. Izola Nomad Luggage Tag, $17. Losing your bag in a sea of luggage is always a headache. Make your stuff stand out from baggage claim with something that catches your eye! Made with heavy duty canvas, this tag will stay intact during rough transit.
6. BUQU USB Power Bank, $29.99. Never let your phone run out of juice again. This portable battery stores enough power to keep your favorite devices charged up. Best of all? You can clip it onto any bags or keys so it’s there when you need it.
7. LOMS Luggage Carry-On Spinner, $695. For those who are constantly on-the-go, this suitcase if for you. Small enough as a carry-on, this luggage has 360 degree swivel casters for smooth wheeling and comes with a removable hanging wrinkle-free garment system for your clothes. Fashionable jet-setters Jessica Alba and Gigi Hadid both own suitcases from the brand!
8. JLEW Graphite Triangle Top Tote, $800. Invest in a good quality bag that that you can literally grab and go whenever your wanderlust strikes. We’re totally diggin’ this one made in New York by highly skilled craftsmen. It’s roomy enough as a travel carry-on, but also so stylish that it can be used as an everyday purse.
9. Ultimate Ears Boom 2 Wireless Bluetooth Speakers, $199. Going on an adventure with friends? Turn up with this portable speaker that you can take anywhere. It’s waterproof — like, you can literally pour water on it and it’ll still work — so it’s perfect for your next beach vacation or outdoor hike! Celebrities like Chris Hemsworth, Charlize Theron, Kevin Hart, and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson all received one in their 2016 MTV Movie Awards gift bag.
10. EO Lavender Hand Sanitizer Spray, $2.99. Protect yourself from germs while traveling. Taylor Swift swears by lavender-scented hand sanitizers such as this compact one that you can slip into your purse or toiletries bag. “I have this lavender anti-bacterial hand spray that I have whenever me and my friends are in a public bathroom,” she tells Vogue of her drugstore must-have. “And we have to wait in line at the sink to wash our hands [and] I’m like, ‘No, check it out!’ And everybody’s like, ‘Thanks girl!’
Still don’t know what to pack for your next vacay? Shop more travel essentials — below!